Weight, horsepower,e.t.

LE BUSA

Donating Member
Registered
Hello, This is my first post on this board so I hope that this question is in the correct section. OK to the question, In automobile drag racing the general rule is that for every 100 lbs. of weight you remove from the vehicle, or for every 10 horsepower increase on the engine you will generally be able to shave a tenth of a second off  the vehicle's e.t. in the 1/4 mile. Does any one know what are the figures in general for motorcycles?

Thanks

Welcome to the .org. I'd help you out if I could but I have no idea. Be patient. Someone will give you direction once they have their wakeup juice.

Post some pics of your bike when ya get a chance.

Welcome from a fellow Houstonian!! I like Big-T have no clue either, but WELCOME!!

We love pics, so post up alot of em!
cool.gif

Hello, This is my first post on this board so I hope that this question is in the correct section. OK to the question, In automobile drag racing the general rule is that for every 100 lbs. of weight you remove from the vehicle, or for every 10 horsepower increase on the engine you will generally be able to shave a tenth of a second off  the vehicle's e.t. in the 1/4 mile. Does any one know what are the figures in general for motorcycles?

Thanks
Here is a link to a online calculator which will allow you to enter some real numbers.

Link

Thanks for the welcome Big-T and Busa_chemist. Thank you for the link Professor, I will play around with it and figure it out.

Welcome. And try out that little browse button. Or the image link. We like pics. Some of use cant read.
biggrin.gif

I guess that goes to show how a pound here and a pound there can add up quickly, as well as a few extra horsepower. Thanks.

Back