Wego III Install help....ugh I hate electrical....

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I'm having issues installing my WEGO III on my gen 2 busa. I was going ground the unit to the - terminal on the battery, but the instructions say not to, so I was going to move on and ground the unit to the motor, where the crank case vent is, but the instructions also say not to do that!!!! Where the heck do I ground this thing?

Second, what did you guys tap into for your 12V power source? Did you use the fuse tap?

I want to monitor RPM, A/F, and MAP for the turbo. Where did most of you guys hook up for your RPM signal? Back at the ECU? Or at the #1 coil? Oh and what are the colors of the wires that you used for the signal for RPM?

I just wanna make sure that when I power this thing up I don't fry it and it works. I was thinking of mounting the unit on my triple tree so I could see it, but also because the wiring isn't long enough for the sensor to go back under the hump.

Thanks a bunch guys, this is the last thing I need and the bike will be finished!!!!

I always gnd dataloggers at the ECM.Also I find the best place for RPM is the neg side(control side ) of the #1 injector.Some guys use the tach data from ecm to cluster but I have never had much luck that way.

Sorry.for your map sensor you will have 5v ref,gnd and return signal.Tap the return signal voltage for boost pressure.

GND depends if it wants a referenced gnd like the sensor gnd for your 0-5v sensors or just a solid gnd, if the later i always use the battery
tach signal is yellow/blue and works fine, had trouble on bikes getting near max duty cycle if using injector pulse , signal drops off once you get beyond a certain point
power can come from any number of nearby wires, tail light if in hump, same for tapping point on rest of sensors, there is an easy to get at section of wiring near the side of the battery, you can tap into all wires here and reach the hump easy

Thought about a ecu logger on your 2010 bike rather than splicing in ? Woolich/Boostbysmith are plug in

X2 on the woodlich box, really a great option if you have a gen 2.

Whenever I've installed data loggers I always tap in to the ecu power and ground. This helps eliminate ground loop cycling that will cause random bumps and spikes in your data log signal readings. Some do it worse then others. I know the sl-32 box it's mandatory otherwise your logs look like a seismograph read out, lol!

I know some may warn against tapping in to ecu power in case the logger fails, but most loggers now use diodes on everything so you don't have to worry about about back feeding should the logger **** the bed.

Thanks guys. I got it all fired up and it's reading. I haven't ran the bike with it on yet, but Boost from my GM 3 Bar sensor, RPM (showing 0 from the yellow/blue), and AFR are showing on the trend.

I ended up using power from the rear tail light, as the wiring is pretty tight under the nose without removing any sheething. I also just grounded the unit to the rear tail as I had an open bolt hole, which I kept the bolt to, and grounded it there to the frame.

For the MAP sensor, I have a GM 3 bar part #12223861. I scaled it according to a data sheet that I found and here are the results:

.63v min 4.91v max
5.802psi to 44.091psi

This gives me a feedback of 13.67psi of atmospheric pressure when the bike isn't running. When I checked the atmospheric pressure from the air port, it is showing 14.65psi (a). Do you guys think I should adjust this scaling anymore? Note: there is a +/-.36v error in this device.

Again, thanks a bunch for all of your help on this. I really hate tapping into wiring, as I seem to always break/strip wires.

Back