weekend ski trip

teamorion22

Registered
i went to sante fe, new mexico with 4 friends. my first time skiing. i had a blast. i hit one tree and one out of bounds orange net. no spilled blood or broken bones :beerchug: i was hitting blacks the third day

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

i probably crashed over a hundred times. only major blow was the bak of my legs hitting the tree. I have nice bilateral bruises.

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

Thanks for sharing the great pics with us. Snowboarding is more my forte, if I knew how to snowboard!

Nice pics....conditions look great! Much easier & enjoyable to learn in powder then in granular icy conditions.
Skiing is great once you get past the learning stage of the 1st couple days where you fall every 50yds. During that time the best part about skiing is relieving the pain by drinking beers on the outside deck at the end of the day :beerchug: :laugh:

Thanks for sharing.

i love skiing, going first weekend in March. I hear the slopes are a lot harder in the Rockies then the Apps. Hope you had fun. Now my next obsticle is to learn how to snowboard.

Blacks on the third day is tough. I am a firm believer that anyone can go down a black slope...it is how you go down that determines your level of skiing. :laugh:

At some point if you start shopping for slopes you'll end up in Colorado. Unless you are into nose bleeds from altitude, avoid Breckenridge. At the peak you are over 12K feet up. Steamboat Springs is a 3hr ride out of Denver and much less crowded than the Vail area. Similar vertical drop, but at a much lower altitude.

Glad you had fun. Skiing is a great time. When my kids were younger, it was the one thing my entire family had that we all enjoyed together.

i think the highest peak was 12,075. at least the highest i was on. the only 2 blacks i was on were just steep. no mogules or volkswagons.

Nice mang! Thanks for sharing the cool pics.
The wife, dog, and I are headed up to to Jackson, WY this weekend. Gonna take in a whole week of skiing Jackson Hole, Snow King (and maybe some cross-country skiing) along with plenty of apres-ski lounging around.

Hope to have some worthy pics to share when we get back!

I keep getting messed up between water skiing and snow skiing. One you lean back, the other you lean forward. Once you get used to one it messes you up for the other :laugh:

That is awesome! I went skiing once when I was young and have always wanted to go again. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Back