Wedding/bridal wear hook-ups?

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
As some of you know, I'm gettin' married in November. We are trying to get everything planned and ordered. We've got just about everything covered except for flower girl dresses. We have exhausted all local options that we can find and she hasn't found just the right dress for a decent price. I thought I'd tap one of the greatest resources on the web, aka h.org, and see if anyone has any suggestions for maybe an online source or a source you know personally that might could help. I figure it's a long shot but worth a try.

HOLY COW!!! Congrats, my bro...
beerchug.gif

I musta missed the post on this one.
rock.gif
Dang...I haven't been around as much as I used to.

I wish I could help a lil bit, but I don't think I can. If I knew anyone that was going to the Phillipines, I'd ask them, but as of right now, nobody's on their way over there.

Well, congrats anyway my bro...I'm realy happy for ya!
thumbs-up.gif

Most of the people I know (including my wife) bought their dresses at a place called "Davids Bridal". I don't know if it is a chain or not, but the one I know of is in Orland, Illinois. My sister got hers at a bridal show in the mall...really cheap, but had to have it altered at her own cost.

I just realized that I know way too much about wedding dresses.....???

try theKnot.com... Dude don't get married or you will find yourself knowing websites that don't have anything to do with motorcycles on them.  I'm going to upstairs now and ask if I can have my penis back.  I'm a broken man.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|jessup
Reason for Edit: "because I was told to."|1155018115 -->

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials... mauahahaaaa muahahhahhah mauahahahhahahaahah

dude-F**K davids' bridal!!! here in Milwaukee i personlly know 3 different people's wedding dresses that have been messed up or shipped WEEKS late by those fools! My best friends' wife has two kids and her daughter's dress came in with A STAIN ON IT!!!
rock.gif
And her own dress was not alterred correctly-when she told them they had 4 DAYS to fix beacuse THEY took too long to ship, they said "sorry nothing we can do". She then proceeded to call a local news station and talk to a reporter (rather LOUDLY) while still in the store about what kind of service she had recieved, and asked if they would like to do a more THOROUGH investigation of the shop...wouldnt you know it, the manager jumped and finally made things right, got her what she needed the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING...

I say jump online n try some of the bigger store chains-we have Boston Store here in Mil, i know its called somethin else down in IL, or Marshall Fields???

or better yet-find a friend who wants to "help out" with your wedding stuff and let THEM do the search!
wink.gif

good luck!

HOLY COW!!! Congrats, my bro...
beerchug.gif

I musta missed the post on this one.
rock.gif
Dang...I haven't been around as much as I used to.

I wish I could help a lil bit, but I don't think I can. If I knew anyone that was going to the Phillipines, I'd ask them, but as of right now, nobody's on their way over there.

Well, congrats anyway my bro...I'm realy happy for ya!
thumbs-up.gif
Thanks bro.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Most of the people I know (including my wife) bought their dresses at a place called "Davids Bridal". I don't know if it is a chain or not, but the one I know of is in Orland, Illinois. My sister got hers at a bridal show in the mall...really cheap, but had to have it altered at her own cost.

I just realized that I know way too much about wedding dresses.....???
We tried there. Got treated like she didn't exist when she went in for sizing. ...

dude-F**K davids' bridal!!! here in Milwaukee i personlly know 3 different people's wedding dresses that have been messed up or shipped WEEKS late by those fools! My best friends' wife has two kids and her daughter's dress came in with A STAIN ON IT!!!
rock.gif
And her own dress was not alterred correctly-when she told them they had 4 DAYS to fix beacuse THEY took too long to ship, they said "sorry nothing we can do". She then proceeded to call a local news station and talk to a reporter (rather LOUDLY) while still in the store about what kind of service she had recieved, and asked if they would like to do a more THOROUGH investigation of the shop...wouldnt you know it, the manager jumped and finally made things right, got her what she needed the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING...

I say jump online n try some of the bigger store chains-we have Boston Store here in Mil, i know its called somethin else down in IL, or Marshall Fields???

or better yet-find a friend who wants to "help out" with your wedding stuff and let THEM do the search!
wink.gif

good luck!
We felt the same way after she went in for fitting at David's. She and her Bride's Maids were basically ignored and treated like they weren't even there. Every one of them left with a migraine headache and stressed out as hell. We went elsewhere for her dress and the bride's maid dresses. Found a local independent shop that has been wonderful to deal with so far.

She is trying to avoid having to spend big $$$ for flower girl dresses since they will basically be a one time wear thing. We have found dresses, but they start at $100 and go up and that's more than she wants to spend on them. I guess the search continues.

Back