Website Clunkiness

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Folks, we have been doing some behind the scenes adjustments and you might see some glitches here and there. We are moving some things around and making performance adjustments on the fly.

I would compare this to changing the tire on your car going down the hwy at 65mph. Who needs 4 wheels unless your turning and then you only need wheels on that side!

Will be at this all weekend.

Cap

Pretty cool. But for me the magic of a motorcycle is the lean, which makes cornering more in tune with the laws of physics. In many ways, a vehicle with more than 2 wheels must fight physics to turn. There is just something beautifully in sync with a bike leaning into a turn - just seems right. Still, I bet this thing is very fun to drive and without a doubt cool. I have been waiting for someone to weaponized those 3-wheelers. That could be pretty crazy like side-car racing.

PS: Blame Redbull for this blatant thread jacking......

Pretty cool .

But for me the magic of a motorcycle is the lean,
which makes cornering more in tune with the laws of physics .

In many ways, a vehicle with more than 2 wheels must fight physics to turn .

There is just something beautifully in sync with a bike leaning into a turn - just seems right .

Still, I bet this thing is very fun to drive and without a doubt cool.

I have been waiting for someone to weaponize the 3 - wheeler .

That could be pretty crazy like side-car racing .

PS: Blame Redbull for this blatant thread jacking . . . . . .

Last edited:
Pretty cool but that does expose some complications. With 2 front wheels leaning like that you would need two front shocks I think. The 3 wheels would allow some pretty sophisticated traction control and stability control. Interesting though because in a 2 wheeled bike you can snap it vertical with the gas, wonder if this would do that also? Not sure counter steering works with 3 wheels.

I haven’t noticed any issues. The forum runs better than the computers at work. Lol!
I did notice that When I pull the “new post” list and click on one, I get a big add that takes the whole iPhone screen and I have to hit the “x” on top right of the add for it to go away so I can read the thread. I assume this is just part of the adds that help keep the lights on on the site? Or are they unrelated and I need to check my phone browser?

I haven’t noticed any issues. The forum runs better than the computers at work. Lol!
I did notice that When I pull the “new post” list and click on one, I get a big add that takes the whole iPhone screen and I have to hit the “x” on top right of the add for it to go away so I can read the thread. I assume this is just part of the adds that help keep the lights on on the site? Or are they unrelated and I need to check my phone browser?

You shouldn't get that on every page just every blue moon..

Pretty cool but that does expose some complications .

With 2 front wheels leaning like that you would need two front shocks I think .

The 3 wheels would allow some pretty sophisticated traction control and stability control .

Interesting though because in a 2 wheeled bike
you can snap it vertical with the gas,
wonder if this would do that also ?

Not sure counter steering works with 3 wheels .

2018-Yamaha-Niken-leaning-three-wheeler-08.jpg

Overall the site has been working great but I've been getting the same thread alert for 12 days now, even though I've been to the post. Not sure how to make that go away.

Overall the site has been working great but I've been getting the same thread alert for 12 days now, even though I've been to the post. Not sure how to make that go away.

Clean your temp internet files and cookies and you should be good to go.

Capt, On my phone and Surface Pro most of the site bugs seem to be resolved. However on my office computer, the new posts and alerts seem to be stuck on the last day of the Turbo Busa sale thread. If I hit new posts, it goes to that status. Also, hitting the Alerts button gets an error. I attached the errors. This is probably our system at work as the security is crazy, may as well not even have internet access. But this does seem to be due to recent changes to your site.

Keep up the good work!
Hayabusa Errors.jpg

Capt, On my phone and Surface Pro most of the site bugs seem to be resolved. However on my office computer, the new posts and alerts seem to be stuck on the last day of the Turbo Busa sale thread. If I hit new posts, it goes to that status. Also, hitting the Alerts button gets an error. I attached the errors. This is probably our system at work as the security is crazy, may as well not even have internet access. But this does seem to be due to recent changes to your site.

Keep up the good work!
View attachment 1577166

Clear your browser cookies and temp Internet files.

Back