WebCams Camshafts

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking into the possibility of getting some cams from WebCams. I know I will have to upgrade springs and valves but their website also states the need for high compression pistons. I don't want to do a complete build just yet so I will wait on the cams if I have to. I'm just looking for fairly cheap hp and cams I will be able to use when I do go for the full build.

As of right now I'm not for sure which ones to pick because for the most part the bike is still a STREET bike. I do race it at the drags but nothing major or consistently yet. I know the bike has a lot more in it than I am able to run it currently.

Will any of the cams that WebCams offers on there website be suitable for the stock 08 motor and still have stock reliability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want drop-in cams, Yosh has some.
In my opinion with an 08 you would be better off doing a 1441 kit and keep the stock cams instead. You would be talking about the same basic $$ and would see far more gain on a street bike. The cams on the gen II are not near the limiting factor they are on the Gen I engines.

stock cams are always a limiting factor???

Limiting what? The peak number on a dyno? Expand. I still say bang for dollar on a 08 busa on the street will be better spending it on a 1441 vs a set of cams.

I have heard that web will take the stock cams and weld on the lobes + regrind to what your engine combo calls for...seems like the vodo area where engine builders are less likley to give specs...but after the regrind the lobes are harder due to welding. I have looked into cams + going through the head to get better flow etc with a new cam profile. I am not sure what valve grind is better than stock..as far as angles 3 or more. I am seeking info in the top end as well...porting isn't free in money aspect but it is worth doing if you have the head off for engine work.

if you port the head, you should do springs, valves (spray friendly steel), and cams. just do it all at once.

n/a hp is never cheap :thumbsup: If your long term goal is to overbore then why spend money on cames that will either work well in the short term. When you've got the budget then do pistons, cams, head, etc. It's the entire package that makes hp. If you cut corners to save a buck you're just loosing out on some things.

Thanks for the input guys I was going to be able to get a pretty good deal but had no idea that a 1441 was so close in price to the cams. I will just save up and do it all at once when I get it saved up.

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!

But if possible, do both! :whistle:

The reason they say "needs hi comp pistons" is because when they add duration to the cams, it increases overlap and this will result in low cylinder pressure. It cal make the motor feel like a dog on the bottom. You can get the pressure back with pistons.

You can do the 1441 kit, with cams, cam sprockets, and valve springs for under 2gs.

APE

The reason they say "needs hi comp pistons" is because when they add duration to the cams, it increases overlap and this will result in low cylinder pressure. It cal make the motor feel like a dog on the bottom. You can get the pressure back with pistons.

You can do the 1441 kit, with cams, cam sprockets, and valve springs for under 2gs.

APE

where?

Back