Web big intake cam..

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
Web recommends 106 for the cam degree settings. Has someone found a sweeter spot that moves the power curve toward the rev limiter.

Greg

sounds like a good starting point. your engine/head/cam/etc all influence what cam timming may be best. You'll have to experiment a bit. Since it's a dual cam setup there are additional variables. In general to bump the hp peak further up the rev range you would retard the cams a certain amount of degrees. Again, Since it's a dual cam setup there's more room to play but you still have to watch valve to piston clearance.

sounds like a good starting point. your engine/head/cam/etc all influence what cam timming may be best. You'll have to experiment a bit. Since it's a dual cam setup there are additional variables. In general to bump the hp peak further up the rev range you would retard the cams a certain amount of degrees. Again, Since it's a dual cam setup there's more room to play but you still have to watch valve to piston clearance.
To avoid having to do a squish test, I thought I would throw it out there. That was a huge concern (valve piston clearance).

I don't know how much lift their big cams have but my guess would be that 106 degrees would probably be a safe starting point. I don't think web cams would throw that number out there unless they had measured an exceptable clearance value.

Back