Weather Where You Are

Last edited:
This about sums it up for those of us who live in the mid-south...

123951_74.jpg

Mid 50s here during the day and our first shower is forecast for tomorrow and some more at week’s end next week. The Tioga pass inside the Park has already been closed ‘due to the impending storm,’ and it’s doubtful it will open until next year. Within the month most of the other passes will also close. But, there’s always the foothills!

Last edited:
Frikkin' cold here today...did a few things outside and if you work without gloves for any length of time, your fingers stop working....

No snow yet though thankfully.

No snow yet though thankfully.
:laugh: I've been out shoveling twice in the last week...and I mean SHOVELING!!

The bikes are safely tucked away in my storage unit and you know what that means??? MORE SHOVELING so the door doesn't freeze shut and also so that my neighbors doors don't freeze shut. When that ice thaws, water comes under the wall and you got yourself a wet storage unit. I plan to shovel a lot this winter.

pallet.storage.14.jpg

pallet.storage.busa.jpg

pallet.storage.jpg

...and yeah, I really did drink all of those NOS energy drinks. I'm saving the cans to make an interesting bike photo backdrop someday.

We had 4 inches of rain and our basement flooded. Up most of the night and all day throwing out carpet and cleaning up water. I don't think it will be covered by insurance.
Sucks man!!!! You have some nice stuff in the basement too. I can relate, when I was married we had water come in every spring when the snow melted. Thank God for that Palmer valve because the neighborhood sewage backed up at the same time if you were unlucky enough to not have one of those....infact, the other side of the street seemed to back up palmer valve or not.

I'd look into the landscaping if this is your first year in the new house. You can do a lot with grading the yard next to the house foundation just a little bit. Also the sidewalks---could need some mudjacking which you could do the same thing yourself if you lift and throw dirt under. Otherwise----it's sump pump time. Costly but effective----as long as you have somewhere to pump the excess to.

Sucks man!!!! You have some nice stuff in the basement too. I can relate, when I was married we had water come in every spring when the snow melted. Thank God for that Palmer valve because the neighborhood sewage backed up at the same time if you were unlucky enough to not have one of those....infact, the other side of the street seemed to back up palmer valve or not.

I'd look into the landscaping if this is your first year in the new house. You can do a lot with grading the yard next to the house foundation just a little bit. Also the sidewalks---could need some mudjacking which you could do the same thing yourself if you lift and throw dirt under. Otherwise----it's sump pump time. Costly but effective----as long as you have somewhere to pump the excess to.

I don't even know where the water came in from yet be we do need a sump pump. It was roughed in for a bathroom which I did install a toilet and sink but last night put a drain where the bathtub would go. That help along with the old wet vac. I need to get a sump pump for sure. More rain tonight...

I don't even know where the water came in from yet be we do need a sump pump. It was roughed in for a bathroom which I did install a toilet and sink but last night put a drain where the bathtub would go. That help along with the old wet vac. I need to get a sump pump for sure. More rain tonight...

If you put in a sump pump, make sure you put in weeping tiles as well-that's the expense.

Back