Weather Where You Are

-50 here. I've been off of school for three days in a row. I expect they will cancel Friday, too. I don't even hear the sleds buzzing by out there it's so cold.

This was Monday night In the Tampa Bay Area. Notice the humidity.

A7917AAD-22DC-46F0-B35A-0E7917A8BB5F.png

Nearly headline news here is it true some parts of the US are so cold its dangerous to breath the air because it could cause lung damage? if true I never knew that :thumbsup:

Nearly headline news here is it true some parts of the US are so cold its dangerous to breath the air because it could cause lung damage? if true I never knew that :thumbsup:

You can get frost burn in the lungs if you breathe that supercharged frozen air deeply, these temperatures aren't new, people just aren't prepared for them. Weather forecasters are better than ever and were warning people the very cold air was coming.

I read this earlier this year where the scientists were concerned because the winters weren't cold enough to kill off certain bacteria or insects...I wonder if this winter is making them happy?

So Much for global warming hey but then again hottest January recorded in Australia since records began :thumbsup:

All the scientists are blaming the extreme cold and heat from global warming....of course.
We (as developed nations) are being scrutinized for what we are doing to curb our air/ground pollutants.

What about all the other countries who have low to zero controls (China, India, Pakistan, Russia, most middle eastern countries, etc, etc) and have a large population of the planet, we could produce zero emissions while these countries continue to spew out vast quantities.

Meanwhile we still continue to buy the junk they produce which enables them to produce more and more pollution.

All the scientists are blaming the extreme cold and heat from global warming....of course.
We (as developed nations) are being scrutinized for what we are doing to curb our air/ground pollutants.

What about all the other countries who have low to zero controls (China, India, Pakistan, Russia, most middle eastern countries, etc, etc) and have a large population of the planet, we could produce zero emissions while these countries continue to spew out vast quantities.

Meanwhile we still continue to buy the junk they produce which enables them to produce more and more pollution.
The term global warming is disingenuous. Climate change is a better descriptor. Climate and weather are different things, but they're frequently confused. Climate change occurs, of that there is no question. The extent to which humans are responsible for it is debated, but with more people and more industry and consumption, it makes sense to me that we as a species are having an effect on our environment. Your point about developing nations is well put, I'm not sure what we can do at this point to get things under control. I do know that cleaner air and water are a good thing, and I'm tired of corporations taking advantage of absolutely everything in the relentless pursuit of profit. There has to be a sensible middle ground somewhere.....

Snow day here today. Seattle area comes to a screeching halt when it snows even a little. Boss told me the whole office is shut down.

Back