We thought it was over.

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Remember in April when we went to visit our friend who was dying of cancer? I posted about it here:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=12;t=71011;hl=wag

A month later, she passed away and I posted here:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=12;t=73633;hl=wag

What I appreciate the most is the support of all of my friends here on the .org.

Now, we have just learned that her husband has not been doing too well for the past three or four weeks and finally went to see his doctor. The Dr. put him in the hospital immediately and if his bodily functions don't start to improve right away, he may only have a week or so to live.

I called him earlier and he sounds really down. I suspect he is missing his wife something fierce and has begun to become depressed enough to not want to go on living. My heart is breaking for him at the moment. I feel for him from the bottom of my soul.

We're going to drive out to visit him and say goodbye. The world will not be as beautiful without him in it.

I appreciate all of your thoughts sent our way. It means more than we can say.

--Wag--

Thoughts and prayers sent! I guess I can almost see where he is coming from though.

I'm so sorry... I can't imagine your, or his pain.

This is gonna sound cold... but it seems that when 2 people are so close, they choose to go together. My mother died in March, her momma died the next month. They shared a room at the old folks home.. Grams didn't want to go on without her baby girl. And I always hear of married people dying within a short time of each other...

Tell him and show him how much you love him.. love carries us through everything.

Sorry to hear this....
please.gif

Life is too damn short even under the best of circumstances. A short time ago my oldest brother was diagnosed with PKD, a serious kidney disease, and he's already diabetic. A few weeks ago he went to the Dr about a serious cough and found he has pneumonia and during the diagnosis process, they found that he also has lung cancer in his upper left lung (and) two cancerous tumors in his brain. Still in the hospital (they wouldn't let him go home) and getting chemo, steroids, antibiotics and radiation treatments. The docs gave him from 3 to 9 months. Its all a part of life I guess...
heart_broke.gif

It is part of life. Sucks, though.

My grandparents died within a year of each other. We were just very optimistic that John had a lot to motivate him to live and fight this cancer for another five years or so. He's fought a good fight, it just seems like it's been pretty tough for him.

Thank you all for your thoughts here and in PM. Very much appreciated.

I'm reading the board to take my mind off it but it's not working. I'll check back in when I can.

Prayers sent your way Bro , keep your head up and be very grateful you had him for this long!

Sorry to hear of the bad news brother
sad.gif

Prayers and thoughts sent for the friends and family.

Sorry to hear this Lou
sad.gif
Pass on my sympathies to Nan as well.

My Grandfather died more than 10 years ago and my Grandmother, over 80 now, is just wasting away in a nursing home. She has completely disconnected herself from reality and now incorporates reality into her fantasy world. Which I guess is better than the reality of living alone in a nursing home. They even force feed her as she tried to stop eating. Her only remaining power taken away from her as well. I will definately ensure I won't be forced fed when I'm that old.

Wag, I'm so sorry to hear about this...
sad.gif
It is a part of life, but that doesn't make it any easier...

If it is only time left for him, I hope he gets some peace, and that the pains he has from losing his wife far too young will soon be gone...

Very sad indeed
sad.gif

You're a good friend...

sad.gif

+1

I pray for you and your friend Lou.

I know loosing a friend is hard, i lost my best-friend last year from cancer. I also lost my dad a month and a half before, but time heals all wounds brother, i feel your pain. Just do everything you can to keep your mind off of it, even if that means working, spending time with family, etc.

Or take some time off to collect your thoughts, take a trip with your family, ANYTHING to keep your mind off of it. Its never easy, but TIME WILL HELP! Trust me on this.

I feel for ya bro, you're part of my busa-family. If you need to talk just PM me ANYTIME!

I'm praying for ya Lou.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back