We have lost some great people here.

We have lost some great people here. -

• Its a great idea, lets do it

Votes: 85 100.0%
  • Its a little creepy for me, Id rather not.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
We have lost some good people here. I would like to suggest a special spot on the org as a fallen rider tribute area so we dont forget these special friends of ours. Maybe post a short biography and some pics. Keep in mind, Notman is on my mind while writing this, but im not just talking about motorcycle deaths. Any ideas?

sounds like a great idea...a view only section that could be modified by admins only?

(semi @ Sep. 14 2007,23:27) sounds like a great idea...a view only section that could be modified by admins only?
I dont know, I think the members should be allowed to post up great stories and some of there own pics of the fallen. Maybe submit them to the mods for approval. Obviously no bashing of the fallen.

Outstanding idea...very meaningful...just hope I never end up there anytime soon.
wow.gif

I could be wrong but isn't that what the 6th pinned topic in Random Thoughts is for?

(NightCrawler @ Sep. 14 2007,23:42) I could be wrong but isn't that what the 6th pinned topic in Random Thoughts is for?
That is a prayer list my brother.

(GSXTacy @ Sep. 15 2007,00:35)
(semi @ Sep. 14 2007,23:27) sounds like a great idea...a view only section that could be modified by admins only?
I dont know, I think the members should be allowed to post up great stories and some of there own pics of the fallen. Maybe submit them to the mods for approval. Obviously no bashing of the fallen.
+1 !!

Fallen rides shall not be forgot. Great idea. Start a fallen rider section.

Being new to the org and not even owning a 'Busa (yet), this suggestion may be inappropriate, but I once saw at a Base Jumping web site a list of killed jumpers, including a brief description of the accident, error made if any, etc, so maybe somebody can learn from the accident. I'd call that courageous, not creepy or dishonourable.

Just an idea.

I like insane's idea, it's the same thing we had at the squadron. A “GOLD STAR " list. Just a list not a thread.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 15 2007,09:18) I like insane's idea, it's the same thing we had at the squadron. A “GOLD STAR " list. Just a list not a thread.
Just by reading the fatal mishap helps put a mental note-- subconscious filecab--- and the fallen riders aren't for naught.

(Suijuris @ Sep. 15 2007,08:28)
(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 15 2007,09:18) I like insane's idea, it's the same thing we had at the squadron. A “GOLD STAR " list. Just a list not a thread.
Just by reading the fatal mishap helps put a mental note-- subconscious filecab--- and the fallen riders aren't for naught.
You can do a separate thread for them but make a permanent list of name date and cause.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 15 2007,11:08)
(Suijuris @ Sep. 15 2007,08:28)
You can do a separate thread for them but make a permanent list of name date and cause.
this is along the lines of what i was thinking too...stories, pics, etc. could go in a seperate thread but i feel it would be nice to have a pinned list to help us remember the fallen

I really like the idea. It would be a great place to remember our fallen friends and family members.

Back