We have Liftoff!

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all - haven't been around here in a while....took the Fam to Disney World! Since we were down here, we've been trying for the last 3 days to see the Shuttle Launch; would suck being this close to miss it! (BTW - I live in KC, so this could be a once-in-a-lifetime for us!)

Well, day one it was scrubbed as we were on our way there, so we kept on driving to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach and took the kids to the Beach. They LOVED it! Again, being from KS...that was an experience for them!

Yesterday, we drove back out for the Launch....scrubbed an hour before launch! Dammit! BTW - it's about an hour, EACH WAY from Disney World to get out there....and I haven't even begun to start b!tching about all the fuggin' toll roads that are out here! What's up with that!?!?

So, today, launch seems to be a go - we get out there, radio is saying that it's promising. 10...9...8........

CIMG0555__Small_.JPG

Got some video of it, too! It was an awesome sight! It was a good 20 seconds before we could even HEAR the rumble! And when the sound came...we could *FEEL* it! Just Awesome!

Here's a pic of me and the kids - wifey is doing the honors:

CIMG0562__Small_.JPG

Oh yeah...had to Represent!

Here's a close-up of my shirt:
tounge.gif

represent.jpg

Looks like a Bash shirt.... way to represent!

Couple more days at 'The Happiest Place on Earth' and we'll head home...just in time for me to head back to work for a Vacation!
laugh.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 09 2006,21:54) Looks like a Bash shirt.... way to represent!
LOL! Yup! That would be the one!

Wifey caught me staring at a Gemini spacecraft

CIMG0570__Small_.JPG

I'm glad you got to experience that. "Seeing" the space shuttle lift off does not even begin to describe it. I experienced a launch many years ago when visiting my sister in Fl. Her husband worked for Martin Marietta at the time and got us close access to view the launch. The rolling blast of sound feels as though it will knock you over and the rumbling in the chest is incredible. I'm glad it worked out for you on the third day at least... that would have sucked to strike out.

I've always wondered how that thing would do on the dyno...
smile.gif

I've seen it once in person and would like to see it again. It's always cool to see it on tv but better to be there.

I'm going to Disney World in October.... hope you're having a blast!!! Oh, yeah... you just did!

Want to know what will really screw with your head? Try living in Tampa and being able to watch the shuttle launch.

No fooling. You could see it clear as day and the trail would be visible for a LONG time. If it was a night or early morning launch you could see plenty of fire. Al from my Driveway in Tampa.

Pretty wild.

Back