Wax on Inners...How to remove?

crepitus

Registered
So fromt he years of waxing my bike it has gotten on the edges of the inners. How do you go about removing this? Rubbing it will not remove it. I also have some on my truck I need to remove.

You can get wax and silicone remover at you auto parts store. some acrilic enamel reducer will do it too.

I just use a short "detailing" brush. it is just a paint brush with like a 1" bristle.. (what I also used in my detail shop)

I found that turtle wax ICE, the liquid is pretty slick there.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

No kidding, works like a charm.

cheers
ken

I use peanut butter the oil in it removes the wax residue and leaves the plastic shiney.  I did this on my Chevy Avalanche and it worked great, it had a lot os plastic on it.

I use peanut butter the oil in it removes the wax residue and leaves the plastic shiney.  I did this on my Chevy Avalanche and it worked great, it had a lot os plastic on it.
i can see this attracting bugs.
sadnews.gif

I used WD-40 or kerosene, I can't remember. I agree with using the Turtle Wax Ice next time you wax. You can put it on every surface of your bike without any cloudines! Frame, inner panels, windshield, etc. Stuff works great!

There is this stuff called "back to black" that works great... you can get it at walmart or autoparts stores. Bought it after my wife had a... we'll call it an gas station incedent... somehow sprayed like a gallon of gas all over one of our cars. The mirrors were unpainted like the inners are on our bikes. The plastic faded quickly because of the gas but when i used the back to black on it... cleaned them right up.

Back