wax comparaison test

That test sure gave me a warm(er) fuzzy since I just made my 3rd order from Zaino last Tuesday ;-)

BT is Da Man !

Hey Chris....what kind of oil did you say you liked best ?

That test sure gave me a warm(er) fuzzy since I just made my 3rd order from Zaino last Tuesday ;-)

BT is Da Man !

Hey Chris....what kind of oil did you say you liked best ?
Ok, let me get this straight, he does a two stage with the zaino, and then does a one stage with all the other products. how and in what way is that a fair comparison???

I run my own detail shop and have been around this poop for years and years. None of my suppliers bother with this product because it is no different then anything else.

His comparision isnt really fair. All products are different in ways. Bah, i wish i could esplian what i mean... The meguiars is just a temp wax that you use once a month type thing. its not meant to last. The zymlo hd is a cleanser wax, of course it will feel softer at first, it has the cleaning agents in it, but will it last very long?? no... The comparison was crap...

so Lyrikz what do you recommend?
I know squat on wax.
What is the best deal quality, durability, applicability, cheap and would prevent dirt/dust to stick on the car/motorcycle?

Thanks

I know squat on wax.
What is the best deal quality, durability, applicability, cheap and would prevent dirt/dust to stick on the car/motorcycle?

Thanks
What i recommend is whatever works best for the customer. What im trying to say is that the comparison isnt fair. That makes sense??? I wish i could explain what i mean better.

Im saying if you take a two stage meguiars, and the two stage zaino, there isnt going to be a difference, if done right.

That spray that you are spraying on the zaino is a silicon, alomost like a tire dressing. They say you dont have to wipe the excess off, because that excess is what is making the paint shiny and giving it that long lasting water beading affect. Alsok, Water that beeds up on paint isnt necessarily a good thing. You want water to NOT stick.. SO if you ahve a product that makes the water SHEET and run off, that is better then a a wax that makes the water BEED up and run off.. What happens when your flat.. You get water on the bike, it beedds up and you get water spots. With a sheeting wax, it sheets, then dries.. You dont get the hard water spots..

Basicaly to sum up my homie, is use what your comfortable with and what gives you the best results. Just dont be fooled by the magic show...

I have used
zymol
zaino
mequiars
Transtech (secret company offers this three in one product thats off the hook)
Blue coral
turtle wax

Thats just to name a few... OHHH< if you guys who have the dark bikes like zaino.. try ARDEX.... UNFUCKIN BELIEVABLE shine... Harder then hell to get off, but is just the bomb on dark colors.

I know squat on wax.

Thanks
oh, oh oh oh oh, i forgot to mention. You said you wanted something that kept the dust off or prevented that.. Well, the more you wax and polish your bike, the more the dust is going to cling to it. When you wax or polish a bike, it puts a magnetic charge in the paint, so ALL the dust wants to cling to it. ahaha.. Its a bitch but its true... I can tell my bike has a good coat on it when you put your arm next to it and it makes your hairs on your arm stand up.. Its not as bad on the plastics, but on the tank it gets really staticy(sp). The mtetal in the paint flakes hold a decent enough charge to collect dust.

That spray that you are spraying on the zaino is a silicon, alomost like a tire dressing.  They say you dont have to wipe the excess off, because that excess is what is making the paint shiny and giving it that long lasting water beading affect.
there is no zaino product that you spray on and dont wipe off

That spray that you are spraying on the zaino is a silicon, alomost like a tire dressing.  They say you dont have to wipe the excess off, because that excess is what is making the paint shiny and giving it that long lasting water beading affect.
there is no zaino product that you spray on and dont wipe off
In the article he mentioned

""The first section was cleaned with Zaino's Z-1 Show Car Polish LOK, "Pre-Cleaner and Gloss Conditioner". The directions say to apply the Z-1 with a cloth or applicator, and then apply the wax right over the product. It say's that you don't have to wait for it to dry and you do not remove the haze before going to the next step. This was really easy work.""

I was assuming the pre conditioner was a spray on chemical. The reason they dont have you remove it all the way is thats whats providing a majority of the beading action. Bah, either way. Like i say, customer is always right, most of the time. ahah.. Use what works best for you.

Lyriks, you're so far off on Zaino it's not even funny, man. No silicone, the Z1 is NOT what provides ANY of the beading action, etc... Dude, you sure you tried Zaino? Last time this conversation came up you said you hadn't tried it but you just knew it wasn't any better than anything else. I remember because I called you on it for makin' that comment without even tryin' it.
rock.gif

I've gotta raise the bullshid flag on ya here. Not tryin' to start a war, but you're dead wrong about Zaino. The way you're describing it and how it works I don't think you've tried it at all...
rock.gif
You list it in the list of things you've tried but you didn't even know that the Z1 wasn't a spray on product? You also didn't know that one application of Zaino per directions is two products, but not two applications.

I've also been in detailing for a lot of years and I definitely have to say that there is a difference between Zaino and everything else I've tried.

BTW, I'm not gonna get tied up in a war over this. It ain't worth it and I don't have time for it. I'm just callin' it like I see it. Say what you want but the test wasn't fair because the other products don't compare to Zaino, plain and simple...

I wouldn't even have said anything to you this time if you had just said you didn't think it could be that much better than anything else like you did last time. The only reason I'm sayin' anything is because I think you've got a hard on against Zaino for whatever reason and you always step up and downrate it, all the while sounding like you've never used it. There's just something fishy about that...

rock.gif

Lyriks, you're so far off on Zaino it's not even funny, man. No silicone, the Z1 is NOT what provides ANY of the beading action, etc... Dude, you sure you tried Zaino? Last time this conversation came up you said you hadn't tried it but you just knew it wasn't any better than anything else. I remember because I called you on it for makin' that comment without even tryin' it.
rock.gif

I've gotta raise the bullshid flag on ya here. Not tryin' to start a war, but you're dead wrong about Zaino. The way you're describing it and how it works I don't think you've tried it at all...
rock.gif
You list it in the list of things you've tried but you didn't even know that the Z1 wasn't a spray on product? You also didn't know that one application of Zaino per directions is two products, but not two applications.

I've also been in detailing for a lot of years and I definitely have to say that there is a difference between Zaino and everything else I've tried.

BTW, I'm not gonna get tied up in a war over this. It ain't worth it and I don't have time for it. I'm just callin' it like I see it. Say what you want but the test wasn't fair because the other products don't compare to Zaino, plain and simple...

I wouldn't even have said anything to you this time if you had just said you didn't think it could be that much better than anything else like you did last time. The only reason I'm sayin' anything is because I think you've got a hard on against Zaino for whatever reason and you always step up and downrate it, all the while sounding like you've never used it. There's just something fishy about that...
Did i say i used it??? Lemme check...

Your right, i put it in the list.. No, i have never used it. I have conatacted alot of the shopps around here who have, and they just say its the same as anything else. I am gonna try it though.. thats for sure...

I will leave it at that.. I do have a hard on against zaino.. Why?? Cause i have seen products JUST like zaino that were SOOOO blown up by my customers and then it just fades away.. PERFECTLY example was zymol.. WHene that poop came out, people BLEW UP everywhere about it... Its no better then anything else. I have this product sittin here at my desk that is supposed to damn near cure cancer.. You wipe it on and thats it.. They put it on the boeing aircrafts... Does it work??? Sure, but its ust like my paint sealant does. ahaha...

Anyways, no worries BT, me and you hashed our chit out man... Im back on the BT wagon. ahah..

Im going to get some of this stuff as we speak... Put it in the hands of a "professional" ahaha... I wil let you know.. It would be SOOO nice if it worked like everyone claims.. I just dont see it happening though..

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Did i say i used it??? Lemme check...

Your right, i put it in the list.. No, i have never used it.  I have conatacted alot of the shopps around here who have, and they just say its the same as anything else. I am gonna try it though.. thats for sure...

I will leave it at that.. I do have a hard on against zaino.. Why?? Cause i have seen products JUST like zaino that were SOOOO blown up by my customers and then it just fades away.. PERFECTLY example was zymol.. WHene that poop came out, people BLEW UP everywhere about it... Its no better then anything else.  I have this product sittin here at my desk that is supposed to damn near cure cancer.. You wipe it on and thats it.. They put it on the boeing aircrafts... Does it work??? Sure, but its ust like my paint sealant does. ahaha...

Anyways, no worries BT, me and you hashed our chit out man... Im back on the BT wagon. ahah..

Im going to get some of this stuff as we speak... Put it in the hands of a "professional"  ahaha... I wil let you know..  It would be SOOO nice if it worked like everyone claims.. I just dont see it happening though..
I do have to say that I'm not sure I'd use Zaino for a "production" detail shop where you're runnin' car after car through for customers who are not after the best, longest lasting shine. A huge part of the public wouldn't know the difference between a car with Zaino and a car that had been buffed with automatic transmission fluid. (By the way, ever seen that trick done?
rock.gif
wink.gif
) When I was detailin' for others I only used Zaino for the ones who knew the difference and cared. It would have been wasted on the others. Most people these days never even wax their vehicles. They just run through those automatic car washes and get the tires soaked with silicone and they're good for another week or two.

These days if I do any detailing other than for myself I only do it for the ones who want the best and are not hesitant to pay for it. At those rates I can afford to use Zaino and take my time to do it right.
wink.gif

I don't see how you couldn't love Zaino if you use it right. The only people I've ever seen complain about Zaino were the ones who didn't do it right. Most of them made the mistake of applyin' it to heavy. That seems to be the most common first time user mistake.

I can understand being skeptical about it, man. I was the biggest skeptic on the board I discovered it on, too. I was much more vocal than you're bein' on how it couldn't be any better than anything else I'd used. In all honesty I finally ordered it and tried it just so I could come back on and say that it was not as great as everyone said it was. Well, now you see that I was converted into one of it's biggest supporters. It honestly is that much better than anything else I've tried, man. No shid.
beerchug.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

wink.gif

to give it a try and your bike is already clean
just buy some zfx $19.95 and z2 $12.95
was your bike with dawn dish liquid to get any old wax off
then apply z2 with a 2 drops of zfx very thin layer
wait 20 minutes and wipe off with a cotton towel and you will believe
its so easy to remove

hmmm....and just when I thought it was safe to go back in the pool....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen a car done with Zaino, un-freakin-believable. I've used a variety of things on my truck & car and find that I dont have the time to spend using the fancy stuff. I have used a bunch of products, they all seem similar when you only spend 2-3hrs start to finish (wash - polished).
cool.gif

laugh.gif

i wash my bike   15 minutes
then zaino apply 10 minutes
wait 20 minutes
remove zaino 10 minutes

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089428772 -->

yeah I could see it on the bike....but I also have a Chevy Avalanche....you can't even wash the truck in less than 45mins, nevermind dry it, multi-step wax/polish it. There is a neighborhood kid offering his cleaning services though....says $60 to detail (including waxing) my truck....
rock.gif
rock.gif
I think I'll take him up on it, but then again, he'll probably change his rates after that
laugh.gif

rock.gif

Hey BT, I politely asked you what OIL you use ?

He he he...I trusted your words last year and am a Zaino addict now, as it IS the best I have ever seen or used, and my 'Busa is living proof !

Hey BT, I politely asked you what OIL you use ?

He he he...I trusted your words last year and am a Zaino addict now, as it IS the best I have ever seen or used, and my 'Busa is living proof !
Oooops. Sorry I missed that.
blush.gif
I'm usin' Mobil 1 synthetic (the bike stuff). I've always used it in my souped up cages and had no problems with it. I must admit that I don't know a whole lot about oil, other than it stains t-shirts and smells like gasoline when it's used. Oh, I also know that if there's an open container of used oil sittin' uncovered, either the drain plug or a tool WILL fall into it.
biggrin.gif

Personally I think it would take a test lab with some very sophisticated equipment and controlled conditions to be able to tell any difference between any of the major oil makers' synthetics. I went with Mobil 1 because it worked for me in my cars. That's what my decision was based on so follow my lead at your own discretion.
wink.gif

Have to say that I have used many off the shelf waxes in my day and Zaino is by far the easiest, most consistent product that I have used. I don't have the extensive detailing experience of those on the board, but I do take pride in my vehicles/bikes and Zaino works. I can take all day detailing my cars. I have a black Mitsubishi Montero that like other dark colored vehicles is difficult to keep clean, especially in some reasonable amount of time. With Zaino I can wash, wax and detail my truck in probably 4 hours. It looks sweet and I still have the rest of the day to go pimp it! Zaino may not be the best thing out there, but its the best and easiest I have used! Thanks, BT for the tip!

Well i went and ordered a polish kit from zaino. Have to see how i like it. The busa already has a nice shine. But i'm interested to see how well it shines up my dad's model t.
laugh.gif

Back