Waving to cops.

I always wave and even give them a hard time about riding BMW's and asking them when the city is going to get them bikes that can catch the squids.
They use our parking lot on occasion to gear up if the weather starts turning and I always chat with them too.
It helps to be kind. Had one or two drooling over the Busa.

I would suspect that according to most state laws, a rider is not supposed to take thier hands off the handlebars when operating a motorcycle. If you wave, you do just that and some cops may pull you over.

A respectful nod of recognition is all I do. They do notice. I also think such more subtle and less emotional acknowledgement is more mature.

I do appreciate when a cop pulls up when I am taking a break by the side of the road, and asks if I need help, and I've expressed my appreciation right there and then.

I don't like when they hide in the bushes and point a radar gun at me, or follow me from a distance and wait for me to nail it.

So, I have a mixed feelings about them, and prefer a more reserved means of expressing my recognition.

Waving to a cop I don't know just doesn't feel right. Not to mention that waving to a cop who points a radar gun at you would seem like an ass-kissing.

Very well put! I agree 100%.

I also agree that LEOs do have a job to do. But when that "job" entails lying in wait in order to line the coffers of the city/county treasury with hard-earned money of the citizenry, well, I ain't wavin'.

Back