Waves on a long trip

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
went to Denver and back from Des Moines on I-80, the USA's most popular interstate. I waved at everything on two wheels and made a few observations.

1. I should have used a wax pen and counted the waves and returns and cycle types. I'll do that next time.

2. not to many sport bikes tour. maybe 1 in 30ish [rough guess]

3. a majority of the cruisers on the highway never looked or waved... maybe like 80%?

4. the few sportbikes always waved.

5. many people that wave are pretty excited to see a sportbike, or maybe just another rider, in the middle of freaking no where [Nebraska, upper Colorado], waving at them

6. one bike, ONE BIKE my whole trip actually beat me to the wave and waved at me first. It was a Buell on the freeway on teh west side of Denver. Hats off to ya! Maybe I wave too soon, but my hand is out when they are 45 degrees axis [10-11 oclock?] cuz I dont want to be LOOKING SIDEWAYS in traffic.

7. bikes are a lot of fun, and anyone riding out on the highway in the middle of nowhere is instant family

PS M3's at 42psi work just fine at 70 mph durring sheeting buckets of rain at 10th mile visibility. I GOTTA get some Rain-X

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156108745 -->

PS M3's at 42psi work just fine at 70 mph durring sheeting buckets of rain at 10th mile visibility.  I GOTTA get some Rain-X
mmmm... Sorry, I know you're talking about tires, but I had a thought of a BMW M3 on 42 lbs of boost.  
drooling3.gif

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156109740 -->

Back