WATER/METHANOL injection questions

HeJason

Registered
I have a quick question on water/meth injection setups. Are they safe for widebands? Also, My current afr under boost is in the low 11s. I was wondering if this will change by adding water/meth injection or should I change the AFR to something else. I dont know if it matters, my bike is an 02 gsxr 1k. I am asking here as there are more turbo experts here than I have seen elsewhere. I do have a Busa but it is not boosted. Last question, will the water/meth injection fool the PCV autotune in any way? :beerchug:

MEth is safe for widebands. It will change your AFR, if you are using methanol, much much much less if you are only using water. YOu will have to calculate your fuel to meth ratio, and then adjust your "real" AFR appropriately.

Jason the intercooler complicates water inj a little, at low boost it can condense the water out of the airstream , or if the air was never hot enough to vaporise the water it can still collect in the core .
I run it on my landspeed bikes but not below 25 psi
If you do use water inj drill a couple of very small holes in the bottom of the plenum on the sidestand side and at the low point on the inlet side

Back