Watching coast New Zealand

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
So tonight i am watching Coast New Zealand learning about Fiordland. Which it just so happens is were the first Europeans landed and stayed for a year hunting seals.

Yeah, Fiordland is majestic! I've been down there a few times on my old GSXR1100 back in the late 90's, what an awesome ride, a lot of rain, the rain fall down there is mind blowing! To get in to Milford Sound (have a look on google maps) you have to go through the Homer Tunnel, a single lane tunnel that stretches about a mile, no lighting and water dripping through the roof cracks continuously. Scary as.

1550550829989.png

1550550119727.png

1550550252934.png

Milford sound is amazing on a sunny day, (about 3 a year lol) there is so much rainfall that with the catchment of the mountains there is so much fresh water funnelled into the Fiord there is always around a meter (3 ft) of fresh water on top of the seawater . . . there are permanent waterfalls all year round.
It really is 'Middle Earth' here in the South Island!

Yeah, Fiordland is majestic! I've been down there a few times on my old GSXR1100 back in the late 90's, what an awesome ride, a lot of rain, the rain fall down there is mind blowing! To get in to Milford Sound (have a look on google maps) you have to go through the Homer Tunnel, a single lane tunnel that stretches about a mile, no lighting and water dripping through the roof cracks continuously. Scary as.

View attachment 1594680

View attachment 1594678

View attachment 1594679
Milford sound is amazing on a sunny day, (about 3 a year lol) there is so much rainfall that with the catchment of the mountains there is so much fresh water funnelled into the Fiord there is always around a meter (3 ft) of fresh water on top of the seawater . . . there are permanent waterfalls all year round.
It really is 'Middle Earth' here in the South Island!
Went thru there last year on the way to the Burt, awesome ride alright and no rain sunny as :thumbsup:

the more I see of it the more I need to book a flight. Fabulous scenery Roads look like they have a LOT of potential
Johnny, if you do decide to come have a look at NZ, you have the benefit of knowing a few Kiwis here from this group, I for one am happy to help in any way I can with advice and local knowledge etc.
If you hire a bike, I'd enjoy going on a decent tour and helping map out a route to see the best the South Island has to offer!

Watching a show called "Wild New Zealand" and it's pretty cool.

Some crazy critters living along the southern coast.

Wow, an older thread and I'm the last guy to post....

Am currently watching a program on White Sharks and they are off the coast of New Zealand where some of the world's largest male White Sharks hang out....they filmed a 17 footer which came in and bumped the shark cage....

Back