Watch your stuff

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Just a reminder guys, cover your ass. We found out today, someone stole 5 checks out of my girlfriends (spoiled busa) checkbook and went to town with them. As it stands now, the day after payday, she is almost $700 in the hole. The bank says they cant close the account out with a negative balance and they cant do anything about the money (we are responsible for it) until we find out who did it and prosecute them. What a joke. Thank god we got rent paid anyway before they came through. Its that time of year when sorry ass theifs go crazy so watch your stuff. I'm sure we will be able to look at the security video and hopefully ID someone....it better not be anyone I consider a friend, I may be locked up with them. Christmas will be interesting this year. Good luck, watch your back.

State laws vary but it should go back to the person (the merchant, bank, etc) who took the check. File a police report. Find a bank officer and talk with them. It sounds like you are getting the wrong info. That is BS that they cannot close the account.

You need to find a new bank anyhow, ask them. You may have to talk to a lawyer.

They might not be able to close you account, but they sure in heck can freeze the account to prevent any more checks from going through.

(Professor @ Dec. 07 2006,12:01) State laws vary but it should go back to the person (the merchant, bank, etc) who took the check. File a police report. Find a bank officer and talk with them. It sounds like you are getting the wrong info. That is BS that they cannot close the account.  

You need to find a new bank anyhow, ask them. You may have to talk to a lawyer.
We have an appointment today with the branch manager and the local police. We will see what happens.

Laws vary from state to state, but you should be able to sign an affadavit of Forgery and the bank would eat that money. Absolutely go to law enforcement. At least two laws have been broken - Petit Larceny and Forgery. Good Luck and you're right it tis the season. I hate to say it, but it's going to be someone you know.
wow.gif

i thought checks were something they used in the nineteen nineties
rock.gif

isnt it already 21st century
rock.gif
we have these pieces of plastic now....they look exactly like a credit card, only they work just like a check but waaaaayyy faster.

firedevil.gif
just playing man
beerchug.gif

btw, the bank's feeding you a bunch of crap.....take my advice.....dont eat it
beerchug.gif

rock.gif

beerchug.gif

Back