Washington State peeps, I need to hear from ya....

rbd5050

Registered
I have a few questions about living in the southeast part of the state and just wanted a little feed back. Pros/cons etc.
Thanks!

Rio

if its anything like the North East part of Oregon... you will have Summer and Winter, beautiful country with lots of wide open space.

Based out of Walla Walla (and yes I am sorry I have to snicker every time I say that.....)
:colgate:

Rio

I am in Tumwater.I hate it up here.It rains too much and the summer is always soo short.There is a lot of nice scenery to look at.Peopl do not know how to drive in this state and the roads are terrible.The governor sucks.Need I go on??

Hmmmmm, I think after living here, it is hard to imagine any place where it rains more.....lol
How long long have you lived there?

Rio

Speaking from recent experience (this last weekend), OREGON IS AWESOME RIDING.

Suggest you hook up at www.pnwriders.com for other local enthusiasts!!

Heck, show me any road that you can ride longer on for more than an hour before turning around and I am in HEAVEN!!! I am more curious about the economy and crime.
Thanks tho!

Rio

Walla Walla has a state prison there! It hotter than hell in July and August, very dry over there with everthing brown during the summer other than the irrigated farms and fruit orchards. Rattle Snakes and farm girls are the daily routine during summer. Winter it's just farm girls and long johns. Just the opposite of what you are use to in Kodiak where it rains 300 days of the year.

You'll have some fun roads around that countryside. Just a hope-skip and a jump into Oregon for some of the best riding in the country. It's the westside of the cascades that gets all the wet weather but it's not all that bad.

When will you be arriving at your new post?

LOLOLOLOL I don't think I'll have tooooooooooooo much of an interest in the farmgirls.........I ain't married but I ain't hitting for the other team either! :no: I get that a lot tho......hell, I've never even been to one of their meetings......
I haven't been offered the job yet and am just doing some homework on the area to see it it'll be a good match for me. I LOVE the fact that everything is so affordable there and I can get back into falconry, going to farmer's markets and riding for DAYS without having to turn around, more sun/non rain than rain (You must be familiar with the Kodiak climate!) Just beginning to realize how much I miss that stuff.
I appreciate the input and will just take it one day at a time.....they called here for reference checks Tuesday so I can only wait for now.

Rio

Back