Wash solutions and polish/wax

which of the products do you guys use and in what order? I'm seriously considering getting some and doin the bike ... maybe the truck
wow.gif
as well

Start with a good wash with dawn dish soap. This will remove all old waxes and cleaners. If the finish is still good, you can skip the claybar treatment. I went with 4 coats of Z-5 because of swirl marks from other waxes, then switched to the Z-2pro. 3 coats of that and its shiny. Use Z-6 enhancer between each coat to remove any residue you might have missed. It takes a while when the temps are low, but its well worth it. I bought the ZKIT-1 and there is enough for a few vehicles.

cool thanks
smile.gif

and look someone else beat BT to the thread to champion his special bath tub brew
laugh.gif
cool.gif

I use turtle wax car wash, avoid using dish dtergents that have grease cutting formulas, they can attack the pigments in the paint. Then I use the Mcquires Gold wax and polish, to eliminate any swirls which are few i touch it up with Mcguires Quick Detailer. This worked really well for me on several balck cars and really looks nice on the 04 Red LE. Have fun!

avoid using dish dtergents that have grease cutting formulas
Horse sheeot...
wink.gif
yeah you're probably right, that is what a chemist at DuPont (which is about .25 miles from me) said. I mean really what does he know? We chat alot at the local machine shop. I go in there for ideas as most of the guys work for Rahal Racing, DuPont and a couple of speed shops they're always playin around with new concepts but I don't think they'd be seen using dish liquid.

Gentlemen....

Meguires ALL the way. I use there soap, wax, polish, cleaners, tire gel. Everything they make i use.

Works wonderful...ON BLACK too. Especially their caranuba wax.

bradmarques.com link not responding
bradmarques.com link not responding

BY THE WAY..there is noone here as anal as me when it comes to washing a vehicle.. its jsut not possible....with this said...

I WOULD never use DISHSOAP on any of my vehicles. Alot of them detergents and micro abbrasive elements in them. Go the extra 3 bucks for your bike/car and pick up some Meguires Soap, or RainX Wax bead soap for the first wash.

Then do it like us pros...spend a day with your bike or car, and do the whole process. Wax Cleaner, Polish and Wax.

Horse sheeot...
wink.gif
yeah you're probably right, that is what a chemist at DuPont (which is about .25 miles from me) said.  I mean really what does he know?  We chat alot at the local machine shop.  I go in there for ideas as most of the guys work for Rahal Racing, DuPont and a couple of speed shops they're always playin around with new concepts but I don't think they'd be seen using dish liquid.
this guy burned ya' BT...looks like we got us a smartazz that runs with chemists, bro...
AAAssjani.gif
jump9.gif

i used to use meguiers <SPLNG> but just got introduced to LIQUID GLASS.. awesome stuff.. and if u read the back of the can this stuff is like the real "turtle wax" u need to use concetrated car wash and 00 steel wool to get it off.. but u put a couple coats on it, it looks like laquer paint. i use it on my helmet also.

Who has time to do all that sh**. I just ride, rinse in the rain at 100mph and keep riding till it dries.
guns.gif
soapbox.gif
super.gif

Horse sheeot...
wink.gif
yeah you're probably right, that is what a chemist at DuPont (which is about .25 miles from me) said.  I mean really what does he know?  We chat alot at the local machine shop.  I go in there for ideas as most of the guys work for Rahal Racing, DuPont and a couple of speed shops they're always playin around with new concepts but I don't think they'd be seen using dish liquid.
this guy burned ya' BT...looks like we got us a smartazz that runs with chemists, bro...  
AAAssjani.gif

jump9.gif
Easy turbo, not tryin to BURN anyone. Just simply identifying that it's not my humble opinion but that my info comes from what I would call a credible source. personally I would never spend thousands of $'s learning about paint, I'd just ask somebody. I think that Zaino product looks awesome though. PEACE be to you bro.

BY THE WAY..there is noone here as anal as me when it comes to washing a vehicle.. its jsut not possible....with this said...

I WOULD never use DISHSOAP on any of my vehicles. Alot of them detergents and micro abbrasive elements in them. Go the extra 3 bucks for your bike/car and pick up some Meguires Soap, or RainX Wax bead soap for the first wash.

Then do it like us pros...spend a day with your bike or car, and do the whole process. Wax Cleaner, Polish and Wax.
Just think what your toys would look like if you used Zaino then.
wink.gif
And yeah, I could spend all day with other stuff... but I'd prefer to spend 30 minutes with Zaino and have it last more than one wash before the protection is gone. Zaino is without a doubt the best protectant out there. You can get gloss with some of the other stuff, but Zaino is a triple threat. Gloss, ease of use/quickness, and protection that nothing else I've tried can match.
wink.gif

wink.gif

i used to use meguiers <SPLNG> but just got introduced to LIQUID GLASS.. awesome stuff.. and if u read the back of the can this stuff is like the real "turtle wax" u need to use concetrated car wash and 00 steel wool to get it off.. but u put a couple coats on it, it looks like laquer paint. i use it on my helmet also.
If I'm not msitaken that's an acrylic based polish (like mop & glow basically). Been a while since I messed with it. Never had the clarity and depth that Zaino has. Liquid Glass also contains harsh petroleum distillates (read basically kerosene) and abrasives. Never could get rid of the spiderweb lookin' swirls with Liquid Glass when I tried it...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109799239 -->

Horse sheeot...
wink.gif
yeah you're probably right, that is what a chemist at DuPont (which is about .25 miles from me) said. I mean really what does he know? We chat alot at the local machine shop. I go in there for ideas as most of the guys work for Rahal Racing, DuPont and a couple of speed shops they're always playin around with new concepts but I don't think they'd be seen using dish liquid.
AAAssjani.gif
jump9.gif
Easy turbo, not tryin to BURN anyone. Just simply identifying that it's not my humble opinion but that my info comes from what I would call a credible source. personally I would never spend thousands of $'s learning about paint, I'd just ask somebody. I think that Zaino product looks awesome though. PEACE be to you bro.
And this is what I get for posting in a hurry and not fully explaining my take on the matter.
drooling3.gif

Ok, I would never use dish soap *on a regular basis* on my paint. Besides the fact that it strips most protectants off, it's quite possible that it could attack the finish as you said. However, using Dawn dish soap ONE TIME before your first coat of Zaino and then maybe once a year when you start over from ground zero with clay and a new Zaino job is not going to harm your paint finish in ANY way. Plus there's no available car wash that I've found that will strip the finish as clean and remove the road grime and greasy contaminants that bikes (especially) build up over time. Some of them even leave a greasy, silicone like film on the paint.

So, while I'm not saying to use dish soap for every wash, what I will say is that nobody should be scared away from doing a Dawn wash before Zaino for fear of damaging their paint. I've been there and done that MANY times on MANY different rides and the results have always been the same. Glossy, owl sheeot slick, and immaculate paint finishes that last as long as I own my rides.
wink.gif
I won't debate the effects of constant and long term effects of dish soap on car paint because I don't know what it would be. I'm just saying that there is no reason for anyone to be worried about doing a Dawn wash before Zaino.

And no burn taken. This subject is probably as heavily debated on the web as the engine break-in topic. It's all good. As for spending a lot of $$$ (and countless hours) to learn about paint protectants, I have... I simply tell folks what works best for me, and which products I have found that give the best results. I'm not trying to convert anyone over to Zaino, I'm just sharing a good product and what I've learned about paint. I don't take this stuff personal.

wink.gif

Hey I think Zaino looks awesome but can you summarize it a bit, which product to use and in which order, the website has about 40 gazillion products listed. I can buy into your Dawn theory when you put it like that.

Back