Was interviewed for a project bike

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
I found a 1970 Norton 750 with original Yellow Peril tins that needs some TLC. I spoke to the mechanic that was working on her and he had the owner call me yesterday to "see if I would be a good fit" for restoring the bike. I have to admit that I've never been interviewed for a purchase before and should hear back in the next couple days with a yes/no and price.

If it happens, pics will be posted.

The gen1 is such a perfect bike that it could never be improved upon so I have to find my projects with lesser bikes...like a 1970 Norton or maybe a gen2. :laugh:

Let me check with gixer and see what he thinks.

:whistle:

No, nothing wrong with the projects, it's the post about things that might happen, like thinking about buying a Busa in a few years :rofl:

Post Script You guys missed out and I missed you guys

Let me check with gixer and see what he thinks.

:whistle:

He should have left the bike alone. By the way he got it sorted ....... but he'll have to share that. Been riding the piss out of mine for six years and 49K miles :whistle:

I thought it was funny that the owner called and talked for about 45 minutes with me. I can truly say, that was a first.

Sorry we couldn't make it. There was just too much going on on several different fronts. I'm glad you made it there and back safe and had fun.

HRH and I are planning a ride from Vermont to Arkansas and may head through the Carolinas. If we do, maybe we can grab something to eat.

He should have left the bike alone. By the way he got it sorted ....... but he'll have to share that. Been riding the piss out of mine for six years and 49K miles :whistle:

John messed with a stock bike? NO WAY! :rofl:

It needs those cans to distract from the big rear end...

If the owner was so concerned about it, why didn't he fix it his own damn self?

That's a good point :rofl:

So Dan, did you make it through round 1? :p

Actually I did, thank you very much! :moon:

I got a call back today today. A local bike shop owns the bike and it's the owners project. He wants me to go to the office to discuss plans and options for restoring the bike. While the tins are original "Yellow Peril", the rest of the bike is not so, at best, I could build some sort of period correct replica. He asked me to come in to discuss options for the rebuild and to "discuss my vision" for the bike. We also talked price, and while it's in the budget, I'm not sure that I'm ready for that level of commitment to something I plan on restoring over time.

So you just tell him what he wants to hear, hope he offers it at a good price, then do what you want :whistle:

He sounds like I am when it comes to classic cars; he just wants it to go back to as close original as possible. If he really wants that, he should do it himself. He can't expect sometime else to do what he wants to a "T"

:2cents:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I completely agree. He was talking about how he doesn't just sell the bikes but he wants to keep connected and be part of the restore. I'm kinda feeling a little creeped out....

:rofl: racerV

Yeah, Dan...I'm sure other bikes come with far less baggage.

Run before he finds out where you live :whistle:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Back