Was at the local dealer yesterday

Chris79761TX

Registered
I was hangin around the local dealer yesterday. Looking for some riding gloves. went outside and had a cigarette and a 2011 ZX14 pulled up. My curiosity poked up and was looking at it. The owner said hi very friendly guy. I asked how he liked it and does it stand up to all the reading I have seen on it. His response kinda took me by surprize. He stated " HELL NO" the bike has less than 1200 miles on it. He said he was there to trade it in and get the new Hayabusa. He stated he traded his Busa for the ZX14 and it was the biggest mistake he made. It handled terrible seemed to heavy in the front. and said it maybe faster than the Busa off the line and for a 1/8 of a mile but the Busa walks away from it on long straight aways. He was not a happy camper with the ZX14. He did trade it for a beautiful red 2012 Hayabusa.
I also noticed in the pre owned bike section the Hayabusa had alot higher resale value compared to the ZX14
a 06 Hayabusa selling for $1000.00 more than a newer ZX with less miles than the Busa ???

I was afraid the cops pulled up and started asking questions :laugh: It's the 2012 model that kills the Busa. The '06 - '11 wasn't enough, especially after '08, but the new Ninja will have to be dealt with.

That all sounds pretty accurate from what I know of the pre-2012 ZX-14.

I was afraid the cops pulled up and started asking questions :laugh: It's the 2012 model that kills the Busa. The '06 - '11 wasn't enough, especially after '08, but the new Ninja will have to be dealt with.
What he said. Its the 2012 ZX14 thats the monster

I actually got the itch to finally go do some snooping around the Zx's today. Local dealer has a used 09 monster energy edition for 10,999 has 2900 miles, power commander, full yosh exhaust new tires, absolutely beautiful condition. But then was looking at the 2012's also, really digging the green, the bike feels amazing comfort and position wise, i turned down the test rides as i have a few things i want to get paid off before i get into any other payments. But thinking i may put another king of the hill in the stable shortly just based off the feel of it.

I was actually thinking about trading my orange/black 2008 for a new 2012 ZX14R. But then I got thinking about how much I love my 'busa, all the mods I've done to it, and I just love the color of it. Plus--it's all paid! So, I think I'll keep my baby and enjoy her some more!

Give Suzuki a year or two. They responded to the original ZX14, and hopefully they'll respond to the 2012.

Buy the new 14. Heck, the world is gonna end later this year anyways.............:laugh:

Back