Was almost taken out today

karnage

Registered
I am riding along the highway on the way home from work and this red caddy just thought she needed my lane more and just about clipped me in the front.I was right at her quarter panel and I whipped around them.She was freakin out.There is another good use for steel toe boots.Needless to say her pretty red caddy has a nice dent in the door.Dont even know why she changed lanes, there wasnt any traffic really.

sometimes I think its actually safer to ride faster at times. tends to get peoples attention quicker. not on city street but on the hiway. people are so oblivious to their surrounding.

I investigated an accident this year of a dump truck who went right thru a flashing red light striking a guy on his bike who had the flashing yellow.:banghead: he had no chance. full gear to. not even a scratch on the truck. I was really angry at this guy. he left 27 feet of skid thru the intersection. needless to say his 20k lb. vehicle apparently wasnt stopped.

I was doing 75 and I am pretty loud going down the hiway.Yeah a ditzy gal driving with her hubby.Both freaked out and stayed way back.If I was a foot or more ahead, she would have clipped me.

do u have HID's? they do seem to make u a little more visible. they are 300% brighter then a high beam halogen. you could go down the hiway with a siren and one of them 10 foot light bars like NYPD has to get thru traffic but people are just in their own world and think they own the road. cant fix stupid

Yeah I have 10K HIDs on mine and I think she saw them in her mirror afterwards.I am going to get a horn that can be heard or just stop riding the highway all together.

I was actually contemplating putting a police style blowhorn on my bike. there pretty dam loud. u can get slim ones but im just not sure where id mount it. I dont have a hellova a lot of room under up front any longer.

PIAA does make an upgraded specific motorcycle horn but I cant think its much louder then the cheesy stock horn. its better then the one on my buddys Ducati tho. his sounds embarassing.

where I live not riding on the hiway is not much of an option to get anywhere.

10k hid huh? you got any pics of those? I went with 5k. do u have them for high beams to or just low?

Glad you alright.
Had one car pull out on me and another car back out on my yesterday, first time I have used my horn, I can never remember where is :whistle:, but found it this time.
I like the way these people always look at you as if it's your fault.

Back