Warranty Info

gfunko

Registered
Has anyone run into any warranty issues when going to a dealership for stuff that may have gone wrong? I know how most dealers look down upon mods that are done outside of the dealership and use the same old excuse of, "the bike is modified and or it wasn't done at the dealership so it voids or is not covered by the warranty"??

You asked a really open ended question. Care to be more specific on your issue and your mods that may have an effect on your warranty?

My bad. I assume the normal mods that most people perform ie aftermarket exhaust, PC, lowering links?

With those mods, you should not have a warranty issue. I would guess that 80% of the motorcycles that come into our store for warranty work have those types of mods.

im not trying to jack the tread so im going to pm you GSXcite with a warranty question

With those mods, you should not have a warranty issue. I would guess that 80% of the motorcycles that come into our store for warranty work have those types of mods.

Cool, thanks. What about stretched swing arms and fat tire kits? I do plan on doing a 4-6" with a 240 kit in the near future and don't want to worry about dealer BS (granted I know dealers vary on these probably).

Back