Warp Speed Engaged !

not really. in many states running from the Police is only a misdemeanor...... and I'm not aware of any state that makes failure to have a MC license a felony?

It's only a felony if you get caught.

To keep felonies in perspective, it's also a felony if you don't have a motorcycle endorsement on your license.

It's also a felony in some states if you do a wheelie.

wrong if ur referring to the license but probably correct on the engaging. its a felony if ur caught (3) or more times operating under suspension, revoked or cancelled. it is NOT a felony to simply operate without a license. its an infraction like it is everywhere.

wrong if ur referring to the license but probably correct on the engaging. its a felony if ur caught (3) or more times operating under suspension, revoked or cancelled. it is NOT a felony to simply operate without a license. its an infraction like it is everywhere.

Nope. They tried to cite me once for no endorsement. At that time it was a 3rd degree felony. I took it to court and won. In looking now the statute appears to make it a Misdemeanor now. ( A good thing)

The wheelie part is still true to my knowledge and seems to concur when you look it up.

Around 2006 or 7 IIRC.They passed 3 laws at the same time. Wheelies, 30 miles over the posted speed limit, license tags not being vertical and clearly visible, were all felonies with heavy fines. Sir your license tag has dirt and grime on it, it wasn't clearly visible....that'll be $1500 thank you. Sir, you were doing 81 in a 50 MPH zone, that will be $1500....thank you. It was shortly thereafter that the bikers said Eff this lets twist the throttle and get away from this.

If you get caught an attorney was a lot less than $1500 to hire.

thats interesting. I wud love to see a wheelie statute here cause one doesn't exist. I cud write someone for reckless but thats a little extreme imo since I was doing wheelies at age 6 on my dirt bike their jus not that hard to perform or that dangerous but not a good idea on the hi way obviously. a simple fine wud be perfect. not that it matters much cause I can never catch them anyway lol

I also like the license not vertical statute. we have one that states the plate isn't displayed properly but id like to see a specific statute to address that.

yea with fines like that u can't blame dudes for screwing.....

Nope. They tried to cite me once for no endorsement. At that time it was a 3rd degree felony. I took it to court and won. In looking now the statute appears to make it a Misdemeanor now. ( A good thing)

The wheelie part is still true to my knowledge and seems to concur when you look it up.

Around 2006 or 7 IIRC.They passed 3 laws at the same time. Wheelies, 30 miles over the posted speed limit, license tags not being vertical and clearly visible, were all felonies with heavy fines. Sir your license tag has dirt and grime on it, it wasn't clearly visible....that'll be $1500 thank you. Sir, you were doing 81 in a 50 MPH zone, that will be $1500....thank you. It was shortly thereafter that the bikers said Eff this lets twist the throttle and get away from this.

If you get caught an attorney was a lot less than $1500 to hire.

At the time I was cited it was a 3rd degree felony.

A felony is assigned a numerical value based on a ranking system set by the Florida legislature. The higher the ranking, the more points your CPC score sheet scores.

If you score more than 44 points, you are subject to a minimum term of imprisonment. If you score less than 44 points, a judge is not required to sentence you to prison, but may still do so.

I'd hope they not send you to prison over a wheelie. But at $1500 in fines some may select prison.

He got away .

hayabusa_artl.jpg

Funny thing, prolly because of drugs, but fleeing in a car in Fl. is a misdemeanor but flee in a BOAT and it's a felony.
My best friend was puttering around skiing with his Action Marine not knowing the cops were chasing him for miles, he ended up in the Felony tank in Miami with beach shoes and a tank top with about ten hardcore thieves over half of which had been in shootouts with the cops :crazy:

At the time I was cited it was a 3rd degree felony.

A felony is assigned a numerical value based on a ranking system set by the Florida legislature. The higher the ranking, the more points your CPC score sheet scores.

If you score more than 44 points, you are subject to a minimum term of imprisonment. If you score less than 44 points, a judge is not required to sentence you to prison, but may still do so.

I'd hope they not send you to prison over a wheelie. But at $1500 in fines some may select prison.
a person would go to jail.. not prison...

thats interesting. I wud love to see a wheelie statute here cause one doesn't exist. I cud write someone for reckless but thats a little extreme imo since I was doing wheelies at age 6 on my dirt bike their jus not that hard to perform or that dangerous but not a good idea on the hi way obviously. a simple fine wud be perfect. not that it matters much cause I can never catch them anyway lol

I also like the license not vertical statute. we have one that states the plate isn't displayed properly but id like to see a specific statute to address that.

yea with fines like that u can't blame dudes for screwing.....
I got popped for riding right by a cop through an intersection on the back tire...Reckless Driving...Misdemeanor in Ct.

Back