***WARNING*** Harley Davidson Financial Services

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Harley Financial and their INCOMPITANT ways almost ruined the sale of my H-D.

I'll give it to you it note form so you wont have to read my typical 10 page ramble.

-guy shows up to buy my harley,great

-puts down 500 dollar deposit

-wants to do a lien check before handing over the 17 grand

-does a lien check...there is a lien,against MY bike :wtf:

-Harley Davidson financial services tells this guy there is a lien against the bike I have owned for 4-5 years

-of course he now wants to hold off on the deal,cant blame him

-I have never borrowed from H-D finacial services...but...the previous owner did. I pay cash,or bank draft for eveything.

-I freak out in true "Rubbah Style" drive over to previous owners home,bang on door,and "tear him a new one"

-Oops,not his fault.He bought bike with HD financial,but paid off loan in January 2008

-I have been riding around on a bike,and then trying to sell,that in theory,didn't belong to me,according to HD

-several phone calls,emails,and faxes I get a letter from HD saying "good to go,loan paid in full"

-when previous owner paid loan in full,some dummy at HD forgot to hit ENTER or something.:dunno:

Bottom line...H-D F. S. can blow me. Just about cost me a sale.Made me look bad when I told prospective buyer "no liens". had me running around cursing out people,long distance calls,wasting time I could have spent working on my Busa.....

If you bought a harley and used H-D F S make sure this doesnt happen to you. Get yer bike repossed...ruin yer credit rating...etc etc.

Hopefully me nightmare ends around lunchtime today. (when I get a bank draft).

RSD.

This could have happened with any financial institution, I understand your pain, but it's not just HD..

This could have happened with any financial institution, I understand your pain, but it's not just HD..

It could,just warning my HD bretheren...HD has very aggressive repo dudes. If yer file gets "lost in the system" by financial,but not by collections,yer bike could end up in a truck in the middle of the night.

The guy on the phone at HD F S wanted to help,but before a fax could be sent out to me,it had to pass thru several other deparments. :banghead:
Anyone of which could have dropped the ball.

They know they fugged up....but not one appology.

Why would anybody use this service.???

I'm not american,so I dont know forsure,but cant yer bank give you a better interest rate than harley.???

RSD.

It could,just warning my HD bretheren...HD has very aggressive repo dudes. If yer file gets "lost in the system" by financial,but not by collections,yer bike could end up in a truck in the middle of the night.

The guy on the phone at HD F S wanted to help,but before a fax could be sent out to me,it had to pass thru several other deparments. :banghead:
Anyone of which could have dropped the ball.

They know they fugged up....but not one appology.

Why would anybody use this service.???

I'm not american,so I dont know forsure,but cant yer bank give you a better interest rate than harley.???

RSD.

Not always. Look at Suzuki's financing right now. 0% for 60 months. My bank surely isn't gonna give me free money.

Harley Financial and their INCOMPITANT ways almost ruined the sale of my H-D.

I'll give it to you it note form so you wont have to read my typical 10 page ramble.

-guy shows up to buy my harley,great

-puts down 500 dollar deposit

-wants to do a lien check before handing over the 17 grand

-does a lien check...there is a lien,against MY bike :wtf:

-Harley Davidson financial services tells this guy there is a lien against the bike I have owned for 4-5 years

-of course he now wants to hold off on the deal,cant blame him

-I have never borrowed from H-D finacial services...but...the previous owner did. I pay cash,or bank draft for eveything.

-I freak out in true "Rubbah Style" drive over to previous owners home,bang on door,and "tear him a new one"

-Oops,not his fault.He bought bike with HD financial,but paid off loan in January 2008

-I have been riding around on a bike,and then trying to sell,that in theory,didn't belong to me,according to HD

-several phone calls,emails,and faxes I get a letter from HD saying "good to go,loan paid in full"

-when previous owner paid loan in full,some dummy at HD forgot to hit ENTER or something.:dunno:

Bottom line...H-D F. S. can blow me. Just about cost me a sale.Made me look bad when I told prospective buyer "no liens". had me running around cursing out people,long distance calls,wasting time I could have spent working on my Busa.....

If you bought a harley and used H-D F S make sure this doesnt happen to you. Get yer bike repossed...ruin yer credit rating...etc etc.

Hopefully me nightmare ends around lunchtime today. (when I get a bank draft).

RSD.

Another reason to NOT own a Harley. LOL, kidding bro! Couldn't resist! :laugh:

That's why I paid cash for my Harley , Didn't want troubles with banks let alone Harley Credit !

Not sure I understand. When you retitled the bike, wasn't your new title lien-free?

Not always. Look at Suzuki's financing right now. 0% for 60 months. My bank surely isn't gonna give me free money.

Well there ya go. I've never heard of free harley money,but then again I know shi7. This was just a tidbit for the harley guys on the board,I know there are lots of them,and wanted to save them from my hassle.

towel.jpg

Well there ya go. I've never heard of free harley money,but then again I know shi7. This was just a tidbit for the harley guys on the board,I know there are lots of them,and wanted to save them from my hassle.

Thanks for the heads up Brother

Rubah, once that Harley leaves yer yard, ya gonna start drinking beer again?

I feel like drinkin' right fuggin now Jelly. Just got a call from the prospective buyer,he's still having doubts. :banghead:

I feel like settin' the fuggin thing on fire. :laugh:

RSD.

I feel like drinkin' right fuggin now Jelly. Just got a call from the prospective buyer,he's still having doubts. :banghead:

I feel like settin' the fuggin thing on fire. :laugh:

RSD.

If I lived closer Rubb , I would bring mine up and we could burn both of them together and I would even bring the Old #7 with me !!!

I know here title lien is right on the title and is stamped paid then title is mail to you (bank holds it till paid)

I know here title lien is right on the title and is stamped paid then title is mail to you (bank holds it till paid)

Not in Canada. If I were smart...:whistle:
I guess I would have had this dealt with years ago.

I made a huge mistake.... I trusted someone. Turned out,not their fault,but I guess I would have had advanced warning before giving seller my word.

I can handle alot of things,but having my integrity questioned isn't one of them.

NINJA KILLER.... lets see if a harley can motocross. Lets see how long we can pin the throttle before they blow up. Lets run them on pure alcohol...in the tank and in our guts. :laugh:

RSD.

I still cannot believe the shi7 he pulled off on a crummy sportster. His son got a little smarter...Honda CR 500.

I think he was sponsored by Harley....and Jack Daniels.:laugh:

RSD.

that blows, is the guy still buying the HD? this kinda stuff happens all the time just not at the right time of course.

Back