WARNING Gilles Chain Adjuster

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
From an older video, may be a re-post and on a 500 HP Busa, but nonetheless something to think about for those of you using Gilles.

Video:
- FAIL/BREAKAGE - Titan Motorcycle Battle - 500HP Turbo Busa vs. 350HP Suzuki Hayabusa[/url]

Discussion: Tampasportbikes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look, closely, the adjuster's have spacers, installed with them!

That alone will cause them to fail!
They are not met to be spaced back, like they are on the turbo bike!
As for the second failure, im not quite sure what to say about, but i have mine for 2 years with not a problem!

Yes, I think on a regular bike sitting flush mounted like they're suppose to fit you won't have any problem. Improperly installed and you're setting up for failure.

I also have a set on my nearly stock '06 (178 RWHP) for the past 3 yrs. and have had no problem. Doesn't mean I won't put it on my inspection check list though!

If you look, closely, the adjuster's have spacers, installed with them!

That alone will cause them to fail!
They are not met to be spaced back, like they are on the turbo bike!
As for the second failure, im not quite sure what to say about, but i have mine for 2 years with not a problem!
yea... crap lets move the load from the outside stands to the center? wow that was just plain stupid actually... I bet they had the Ti nut as well that uses a lot less torque as I recall?

Nothing like attacking a product that is mis-installed huh? (and yea I own one too)

yea... crap lets move the load from the outside stands to the center? wow that was just plain stupid actually... I bet they had the Ti nut as well that uses a lot less torque as I recall?

Nothing like attacking a product that is mis-installed huh? (and yea I own one too)

Mine haven't failed with 197 hp at the wheel yet!

Back