Warning Fremont -Oakland-East Bay area MC thieves

For the folks who are living in the east bay they have been a rash of Motorcycles stolen mostly Harleys in your area,so beware,Suzuki's are also a hot item on the list.Keep and eye for strange people in trucks or Vans cruzin your neighbor hood who don't look like they live their.The area covers from Fremont up to Oakland area.Keep your eyes out.Time to bring out the X10 color camera and recorder.The good weather brings out the Bikes and Thieves.Good Luck

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 14 April 2000).]

These guys are real casual about it too.

I encountered two shady looking characters standing on either side of my neighbors BMW a week ago with their van near by and the back doors open. I stopped and stared at them and they stood there and stared right back at me like everthing was normal.

I said can I help you guys with something ? and they said they were "picking it up for a friend".
I said, "here, I call her for you" (I had my cell phone and knew her pretty well).
They said it "wouldn't fit in the van" and so they'd "get another car" and walked casually to their van and drove off. I was amazing how cool these guys were. (Of course my neighbor had no such friends and had asked no one to pick up her bike)

I gave the license number to the police but they said since the guys didn't do anything, there was no action the police could take.

The worst part was, these guys really didn't care at all if I saw them and could ID them. They had no fear of getting caught, and obviously no concience.

[This message has been edited by CaveDweller (edited 14 April 2000).]

CaveDweller, I, too, am amazed at how cool some people can be about the stuff they do. You're right--No conscience.
There's plenty your department can do with that suspect information, especially with tag and suspect descriptions. Correct, there's little anyone can do to them, since they didn't steal anything, as far as prosecution. But your information could be used to identify those guys possibly in other unsolved cases. They should love to get that info. Leads like that could open up a whole good can of worms. Good looking out.

CaveDweller,can you email the info on the suspects and I will pass it on to my cop friends in Sunnyvale,Mountian View and San Jose plus I will keep and eye around my neighbor hood or scope out the local biker hand outs to see if I spot the Van with the licence number that you wrote down.I know that the guy that stole my 89 Gsxr 1100 is out of jail by now and could be back doing his old tricks.Thanks for any info e-mail me at CiscoJ@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 15 April 2000).]

As Sarge says, CaveDweller, that's definitely hot information that should be further developed. No doubt that those guys are ravaging the area and should be stopped just as soon as possible.

Any police department worth its salt would die for that kind of eyewitness id and jump on it fast (and be grateful for your help).

CaveDweller,I have been waiting for you email on the possible tag number of the van and Licence number that you have,since it has been made clear that this gang is now working out of Stockton and the Central Valley area also and they are highly trained thieves,so it would be best that you notify the CHP stolen car/motorcycle division and pass the information on.We here in Santa Clara have been keeping our ears and eyes open but with out some type of information that you have we are not able to narrow what we are looking for as possible thieves that are hanging around the local bike sceen to scope out the various riders to locate their home address and grap their bikes.If you did pass the information on to the correct police department and CHP department thanks.Ride safe.

Back