Warning for those who ride into Laguna Beach

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Some of you may allready know, but in case you didn't, Laguna Beach has a exhaust noise law that limits the exhaust noise to 95decibels 10' behind the pipes.  In adition they have one officier who works weekends and hoildays with a decibel meter.  He aggressively enforces the 95 decibel law.

If you run an aftermarket exhaust, you probably want to stay out of Laguna Beach on weekends and holidays.

LA Times article

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134935311 -->

Not as bad as Washington State Banning Smoking everywhere but your home.
You can't even smoke with'in 25ft. of a Business or Public buildings Door!
mad.gif

mad.gif
WWWWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOO

GO WASHINGTON ST
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

before you start bashing me just remember non-smokers have just as much rights as you do. I personally don't enjoy smoke while i am eating a nice dinner with my wife, because it always drifts it's way into the non-smoking areas.

I do agree with you when it comes to bars. I don't think it should be banned at drinking establishments but thats just my .02.

Honestly how can you stand the smell? I much rather sniff a Rhinos butt than cigarette smoke.

jump9.gif

Soooo uhhh when shall we all go for a ride down at Laguna beach? it has been a while since I have been down there.. "sounds" (snicker snicker) like fun
biggrin.gif

Soooo uhhh when shall we all go for a ride down at Laguna beach? it has been a while since I have been down there.. "sounds" (snicker snicker) like fun  
biggrin.gif
I'll go with you Ron!!
biggrin.gif

You're bike is so loud the cop won't even glance at me. His hungry eyes will be fixated on the non-existence of your muffler
laugh.gif

I think you should ride down there just to see what kind of number you could put up!!!

162hp whatever...

135decibels
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

biggrin.gif

super.gif

super.gif

mad.gif
WWWWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOO

GO WASHINGTON ST
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

before you start bashing me just remember non-smokers have just as much rights as you do. I personally don't enjoy smoke while i am eating a nice dinner with my wife, because it always drifts it's way into the non-smoking areas.

I do agree with you when it comes to bars. I don't think it should be banned at drinking establishments but thats just my .02.

Honestly how can you stand the smell? I much rather sniff a Rhinos butt than cigarette smoke.
As a smoker, I agree with non-smoking restaurants, shopping malls, offices, etc, but outside, or in a bar? That's retarded. Even non-smokers smoke in bars sometimes......

jump9.gif

At least they're nailing the HD's too and not just the sporters.

Thrash, lead the way!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I have a few friends that work for the local CHP, city and SO.

I think I am going to see if one of them has access to one of the meters.. I am curious what I am pumping out..

that would suck if I am (as Charles says) pumping out 135 decibels which is a distinct possibility I guess.

mad.gif
I look at the smoking thing the same way I do tort reform. If the (some) lawyers would just police themselves and not let things get out of hand, no-one would have to make laws limiting outrageous lawsuits, likewise with the smoking, if (some) smokers would just be considerate of others around them, I think it may never have come to this.

Here in Florida smoking is no longer allowed in restaurants, it wasn't until I was traveling in another state and the greeter asked if I wanted smoking or non-smoking, that I realized how nice it is to eat without all the smoke and filth that (some) smokers leave behind.

mad.gif
I look at the smoking thing the same way I do tort reform. If the (some) lawyers would just police themselves and not let things get out of hand, no-one would have to make laws limiting outrageous lawsuits, likewise with the smoking, if (some) smokers would just be considerate of others around them, I think it may never have come to this.

Here in Florida smoking is no longer allowed in restaurants, it wasn't until I was traveling in another state and the greeter asked if I wanted smoking or non-smoking, that I realized how nice it is to eat without all the smoke and filth that (some) smokers leave behind.
Non-smoking eateries is a great idea, smoking whilst others eat is rude. As you say, it is the few that ruin it for the rest of us. I don't smoke around kids, (my own or anyone else's) either. It's not difficult to get up and walk outside after eating......

about the smoking thing, my grandfather lived to be over 90...

not cause he smoked but because he learned how to mind his own busness

Back