Warning for fellow bikers!!

outofmyway

Registered
I am posting this as a fair warning for all fellow bikers out there, pass the word so no one else has to go through what I had to. Here is the story.
I ordered an undertail from a website called "exoticsportbike.com" on June 8th. The payment was taken within 24 hoursof order placement. I received an automated e-mail that stated I should receive my product between 5-10 business days.
8 business days into it, I wrote an e-mail to "customer service" to inquire about the order status, the reply was "it hasn't been ten days yet".
12 business days into the order, called their "sales" line, the person on the other end says an e-mail had been sent with my tracking number. A day after the phone call I received this "tracking number". The tracking number turns out to be for someone else.
Called and e-mailed again with a reply of "there was a mix up in the shipping dept", another day goes by, got another "tracking number". Now almost one MONTH after my order was placed and money taken I have nothing but a "tracking number" that shows me the item still isn't even in transport.
This "company" does not have a phone number for customer service, no address information and will charge you 20% for an order cancellation.
I placed my order based on a Pashnit article which I now completely regret and will contact my bank to report a fraudulent charge.
Be warned!! Do not purchase anything from this website "exoticsportbik.com". Let everyone know.

Talk to your credit card's consumer number (it's on the back of the card) then have have them cancel the order. I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to charge your card until your stuff ships.

(MrHans @ Jul. 04 2007,07:18) Talk to your credit card's consumer number (it's on the back of the card) then have have them cancel the order. I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to charge your card until your stuff ships.
Yep, also bet the card company wont let them charge you for a canceled order with service like that.

Call the CC #

CC's are charged at the point of sale. the business does not have to wait until the merchandise ships to charge. the individual business has any/every right to charge a cancellation fee, restocking fee/etc as long as it is clearly written on their site somewhere. It is the consumer's job to read all the "fine print" before placing an order.
now, my personal opinion. folks are getting too spoiled. I can't believe you actually emailed on "day 8" when you were told 5-10 business days. are you impatient? If you need something "right now" some businesses will work with you on that and expedite your order, but there may be a fee involved. relax, a month really isn't that long for a part to be delivered.

(just some guy @ Jul. 04 2007,00:00) CC's are charged at the point of sale. the business does not have to wait until the merchandise ships to charge. the individual business has any/every right to charge a cancellation fee, restocking fee/etc as long as it is clearly written on their site somewhere. It is the consumer's job to read all the "fine print" before placing an order.
now, my personal opinion. folks are getting too spoiled. I can't believe you actually emailed on "day 8" when you were told 5-10 business days. are you impatient? If you need something "right now" some businesses will work with you on that and expedite your order, but there may be a fee involved. relax, a month really isn't that long for a part to be delivered.
Here's what Uncle Sam sez about it all:
<a href="http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/billed.shtm" target="_blank">Some credit card issuers make an exception to the general industry rule against merchants charging before shipping if the merchant tells you about its practice at the time of sale. If you're certain the merchant said nothing or wasn't clear about its charge practice, the credit card issuer is more likely to allow the dispute.
</a>
and also:
Ship Dates
By law, a merchant should ship your order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone. If the merchant doesn't promise a time, you can expect it to ship your order within 30 days.
The shipment "clock" begins when the merchant receives a "properly completed order." That includes your name, address and payment (check, money order or authorization to charge an existing credit account - whether the account is debited at that time or not).
If the merchant doesn't promise a shipping time and you are applying for credit to pay for your purchase, the merchant has an additional 20 days (50 days total) to establish the account and ship the merchandise.
Delays
If the merchant is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify you by mail, telephone, or email, give a revised shipping date and give you the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date. The merchant also must give you some way to exercise the cancellation option for free, for example, by supplying a prepaid reply card or staffing a toll-free telephone number.

If you ignore the option notice, and the delay is 30 days or less, it's assumed that you accept the delay and are willing to wait for the merchandise.
If you do not respond - and the delay is more than 30 days - the order must be canceled by the 30th day of the delay period and a full refund issued promptly.
If the merchant can't meet the revised shipping date, it must notify you again by mail, email or telephone and give you a new shipping date or cancel your order and give you a refund.

The order will be canceled and a refund issued promptly unless you indicate by the revised shipping date that you are willing to wait.
If you do not respond at all to the second notice, it's assumed that you are not willing to wait, and a full refund must be issued promptly.
Refunds
If you authorized a charge to your credit card account, the merchant must credit the account within one billing cycle - not give credit toward another purchase. If you pay by cash, check or money order, the merchant must mail you a refund within seven working days.

[/Quote]

All orders are charged at time of placing order.
Well, it looks like it's their policy to charge at the time of placing an order buttttt...... if they dropped the ball on the shipping time and didnt notify you of the delay, Uncle Sam's rules trump exoticsportbike.com's.

Call your CC and have them deal with it.

I think that's the place used to be called texas something. I read really bad things about them on gixxer.com they've had a couple different names

(just some guy @ Jul. 04 2007,08:00) now, my personal opinion. folks are getting too spoiled. I can't believe you actually emailed on "day 8" when you were told 5-10 business days. are you impatient? If you need something "right now" some businesses will work with you on that and expedite your order, but there may be a fee involved. relax, a month really isn't that long for a part to be delivered.
I think you are completely wrong on that, a month is simply ridiculous. This is the 21st century for God's sake, domestic parcels typically get to their destination within a week +/-. A month is an eternity in this day of air carriers, you can get a parcel by friggin BOAT from overseas in that time!! It's not "spoiled" to expect timely deliveries with the competition we have in a freemarket economy.
rock.gif

I had the same problem with that company. I ordered an exhaust through them. It took 2 months for it to come in. I called the sales department and they said I need to contact customer service which is just an email. I called my CC company and they put the money back on my card. When the item showed I just had it returned. I will never order from them again.

(Shibumi @ Jul. 04 2007,20:19)
(just some guy @ Jul. 04 2007,08:00) now, my personal opinion. folks are getting too spoiled. I can't believe you actually emailed on "day 8" when you were told 5-10 business days. are you impatient? If you need something "right now" some businesses will work with you on that and expedite your order, but there may be a fee involved. relax, a month really isn't that long for a part to be delivered.
I think you are completely wrong on that, a month is simply ridiculous. This is the 21st century for God's sake, domestic parcels typically get to their destination within a week +/-. A month is an eternity in this day of air carriers, you can get a parcel by friggin BOAT from overseas in that time!! It's not "spoiled" to expect timely deliveries with the competition we have in a freemarket economy.  
rock.gif
I completely agree if they say 5 to 10 buisness days then it should be shipped out or at your house within that time its not unreasonable i just don't get it i've orderd things off of ebay from hong kong and they've gotten to my house in 10 days i could understand if you had something custom or one off built but thats it i think if you contact the seller over two or three times with the dispute and tell your cc company that they usually wont give you any problem and will refund it

This is a good read. My brother-in-law ordered a seat cowl from them 2 months ago. First 5-10 day promise was missed now the second 5-10 day promised was missed I will have to let him read this info. As far as the company svrider does not have one positive thing to say about this company. We should have a dedicated thread that has a rating of companies and horror stories, maybee we could prevent future burns for people.

anyone have similar troubles with Mr cycles?? I ordered a part...money withdrawn on June 27th

... still don't have a tracking or shipping email

wrote many many email still no reply

Had the same problem getting my undertail from
that company ordered 2 items they were shipped
at different times told 5-10 business days got 1
package 14 days later and 1 23 days later. Good
products but service sucks
rant.gif

Back