WARNING email virus

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Just as a heads up to everyone here. I just had a virus try and make it through the email system.

Virus(es): Troj/BredoZp-S;Troj/Bredo-DH

The Email looks like it's from UPS, has their logo, email address, and everything. The attachment to the email is a zip file with the virus so don't open it.

Here's the message:

Attachments

• UPS.bmp
    349.1 KB · Views: 210
I had that one attempted last night... It should say something like they tried to deliver a package...

just got this one .... there's a LOT of things about the email that are wrong

first its from United Parcel Service of America (yeah not how UPS does stuff)
second it mentions "postal sent" (they dont do postal stuff)
third they would never email a file (everything is done online)

I could go on but you get the point....and that is dont open it :thumbsup:

virus.jpg

ok since you posted about linux i have a question..because i dont know and am curious...

why doesnt linux get viruses like windows??

thanks..

ok since you posted about linux i have a question..because i dont know and am curious...

why doesnt linux get viruses like windows??

thanks..

..because for the consumer market they have about the same market share as represented in the virus chart. :laugh:

..because for the consumer market they have about the same market share as represented in the virus chart. :laugh:

Exactly right! Because most variations/distributions are free so there aren't any 'consumers'. Big distributions offer technical support packages to ease newbies into the alien world of Linux.

Viruses on Linux - even if it were as expensive or widely used as Windows - don't work because of the ancient but tough permission system, which Microsoft has pathetically tried to imitate in Vista & 7.

No exaggeration, the meaning to the word 'virus' honestly escapes me sometimes...

Back