Wardie Interviews Scar (Two Wheel Power Hour)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
A couple of weeks ago, I got a message from our brother, Wardie, who introduced himself and announced that he was the host of a motorcycle-specific hour-long radio talk show; and for the variety of things I'm involved in where the 'busa is concerned, he invited me to be his guest.

So, week before last, Wardie and I got to chat for a while on the air.

Afterward, I downloaded the audio track from the WKBN News Radio (Clear Channel Communications) website and stuck a nice scenic ride over Sunrise Highway over it (check the spectacular scenery) and am offering it here...for your enjoyment and such.

In addition to the Busa Stampede, Wardie brings up the Spring Bash, Suzuki Owner's Club of North America, and Rider's Review magazine.

Hey, Wardie...thanks again for the opportunity...:beerchug: Nice chattin' with you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun to view Scar, Like I said a couple of months ago, I can't think of a better person for "Hayabusa Ambassador to the World" than you.
BTW, we are almost down to "double digits" re: days left till the STAMPEDE!
Doyle

Fun to view Scar, Like I said a couple of months ago, I can't think of a better person for "Hayabusa Ambassador to the World" than you.
BTW, we are almost down to "double digits" re: days left till the STAMPEDE!
Doyle

Doyle...what can I say but thanks!

Stampedin' along, bro... Can't wait to see everyone's face in Reno.

Awesome! Absolutely awesome!:thumbsup:

Awesome video! The road reminds me of when I get on the Busa and everything is so beautiful that I say to myself (and the Busa), let’s just take her slowly and enjoy the God-given scenery. Then, I’m on the Busa for about 1.26 seconds (if that long) and, well, we all know the rest of the story (slowly?). Hey now, not is only the scenery God-given, but let’s face it, so it the Hayabusa!:beerchug:

Awesome and great interview, Scar! Very eloquent! You did a fantastic job of representing of the motorcycling community (particularly the .Org) in an intelligent manner!:bowdown:

By the way, and please excuse my ignorance (I haven’t been fortunate enough to be on Hayabusa.org as much as usual or how much I’d like to be lately) if this question has been answered already:confused:, but will there be any television coverage of the Stampede? Has anyone contacted, let’s say, Superbike on Speed Channel or anything of the sort (news, etc.)?:idea: I don’t know if this is something that has any pertinence whatsoever, but it’s obviously going to be a grand event!

I hope that I get back to Southern California, where I grew up, and get to ride with you sometime in the near future! Unfortunately, this economy has had a significant effect on my riding time.

Bravo and well done!:muscle::super:

Last edited:
Awesome! Absolutely awesome!:thumbsup:

Awesome video! The road reminds me of when I get on the Busa and everything is so beautiful that I say to myself (and the Busa), let’s just take her slowly and enjoy the God-given scenery. Then, I’m on the Busa for about 1.26 seconds (if that long) and, well, we all know the rest of the story (slowly?). Hey now, not is only the scenery God-given, but let’s face it, so it the Hayabusa!:beerchug:

Awesome and great interview, Scar! Very eloquent! You did a fantastic job of representing of the motorcycling community (particularly the .Org) in an intelligent manner!:bowdown:

By the way, and please excuse my ignorance (I haven’t been fortunate enough to be on Hayabusa.org as much as usual or how much I’d like to be lately) if this question has been answered already:confused:, but will there be any television coverage of the Stampede? Has anyone contacted, let’s say, Superbike on Speed Channel or anything of the sort (news, etc.)?:idea: I don’t know if this is something that has any pertinence whatsoever, but it’s obviously going to be a grand event!

I hope that I get back to Southern California, where I grew up, and get to ride with you sometime in the near future! Unfortunately, this economy has had a significant effect on my riding time.

Bravo and well done!:muscle::super:

Hey, bro...thanks very much for the props. :beerchug:

In answer to your question, yes. I've contacted and invited Speed Channel and PowerTV.com for video, and all the major print media to attend/cover the Stampede. I suspect that once they are able to see that the number of attendees is nearer projection, they'll definitely take note. Admittedly, the economy has effected every facet of nearly all of our lives, and the media is little different. Travel budgets just aren't what they once were.

If it comes down to it, and I've already planned this out, I will write the coverage myself and submit it to the print media with Rick Clemson's photographs included and credited. I'm engaging a videographer to document the event; my first meeting with him is tomorrow evening (4/7/09).

As far as you getting back to SoCal...well...I look forward to that day, too! We'll roll out the carpet for you just we have for those who have preceded you here.

Thanks again, bro.

Back