WARANTY

ICEKOP

Registered
I have an 02 Busa I just got with 1500 miles. I brought it home last week and the starter cover cracked and broke. I'm trying to get the waranty transfered from the previous owner, and have it fixed through a dealer in Miami. They informed me that it would take two-four weeks to have the parts shipped in and fix the bike. This seems like an extremely long time to wait for a bike to be fixed... what if this was my only means of transportation? Then what? You're just a$$-out?
Has anyone else dealt with having to have waranty work done on their bike? And, how long did it take? I just want to know if I'm geting the run-around, or if this is how ALL of them work?

Welcome to the board ICEKOP.......how did yer stator cover crack.
Are you planning on modifying yer bike at all.
If yer thinking of chroming and polishing stuff.....now would be a good time to get a polished or chromed stator cover.
And yes........parts can sometimes take a ridiculous amount of time to get in.
I waited for 6 weeks for some Busa Kanji reservoir covers......then just cancelled the order.......got pissed off.
Hope you enjoy the board dude.
beerchug.gif

Its the starter gear cover plate. I have no idea how it got cracked. The plate is under the fairing so you can't see it until it's disassembled.
Anyhow, thanks for the welcome!!!

I just talked with Powersports of Miami, that's where my Busa was bought, and now where it's at to be repaired. They said this is an on-going problem on Busa's and they should have the parts in two weeks or so. Then another 3 to 4 days to put them on. So he said I should be back to riding in about 3 weeks or so. Is this how Suzuki treats their customers?

Think about this Suzuki is fixing it correct........

First you are not the original owner,
second you are still transfering warranty,
and you want a dealer to bend over backwards to lose money on warranty work and you are mad?
rock.gif
?

Excuse me Johnnycheesehead, First off, the fact that I am not the original owner is not the point.. the warranty is still in effect. It actually took 10 minutes to transfer the warranty into my name. And, you're DAMN right I expect them to bend over backwards to fix my bike!!!! It's a Suzuki defect, and I paid for a bike I expect to be able to ride. If you're that passive about being sold defective goods, I've got a lot of things to sell you! (I promise I'll fix them too)
The shop that is doing the work DOES NOT LOOSE MONEY ON WARRANTY WORK! They get paid for labor from Suzuki and are given the parts for free. Check your info before making useless replies. Nothing you said is lending to answer my question anyways.
To top it off, I offered the "service manager" $100. to get it expedited, and they are still dragging their feet.

That's all old news anyhow.. over the weekend I found out the "service manager" misrepresented himself and the actuall manager knew nothing about my bike even being there!! He has now done everything to correct the situation and have my bike out by the end of the week.

damm ICEflake take a quaalude and a beer,
I think I know a little more about Suzuki warranty than you do.

Here's a hint. being pissed will make it get done fast and correctly.
baaa.gif
baaa.gif
baaa.gif

baaa.gif

baaa.gif

If you know so much about a Suzuki warranty- then why not post something useful ... instead of being such an a$$. I asked for help and advise, not critisizm. Thanks for NOTHING, Cheese.
cussing.gif

Remember your first time isn't always the most enjoyable ;) It does get better
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
hehe

If you know so much about a Suzuki warranty- then why not post something useful ... instead of being such an a$$. I asked for help and advise, not critisizm. Thanks for NOTHING, Cheese.
:cussing:
let me get this correct...
your are pissed by your first post I state some facts then you are more pissed so I give you a hint to get it fixed and you get more pissed and then you want me to post something to help you?:super:

you deserve what you are getting :withstupid:

here ya go ICEKOP

a motorcycle is not concidered nothing more than a toy by US Warranty standards.
Thus it falls into a different catagory.
the reason I made a comment of original owner is that,

no it would not be covered if you were not the original owner unless the warranty was transfered (by Suzuki) at the same time the sale was made.
Also they (US Suzuki) is not rquired to fix it ASAP.
The best advise I can give is to be nice to US Suzuki and the Dealer if not you are screwed

Yeah.....you must humble yourself to get your poop fixed.....that sucks.........I hope to one day own a bike shop so I can do what I think is right......regardless of the effort it takes......I will not succumb to the BS. Hope you get your bike fixed Icekop.

well things are worse now powersports is now telling me busa 02 and 03 are having major problems about 1 out of every 10 engine housings are cracking. powersports said my bike won't be ready till the end of sept. or the first of oct. they said the problem is so bad that the new parts are a month behind.

must only be in FL. or at that shop I have not heard of a major failure rate.
Easy enough call Suzuki and ask if the parts are indeed on B.O.

I've talked with 2 other busa owners that say their having the same problem. What # do you call to find out if this shop is being up front. i spoke with the gm and he said the busa was was having major crank shaft problems and that was causing the housings to crack. anyone have any info.

well things are worse now powersports is now telling me busa 02 and 03 are having major problems about 1 out of every 10 engine housings are cracking. powersports said my bike won't be ready till the end of sept. or the first of oct. they said the problem is so bad that the new parts are a month behind.
Are you sure you havent bought a ZX12:super:???

Someone is pulling our todgers here, there is DEFINATLY no problem at all with engine houses cracking.

Andy

Back