Wanting To Ride Today, But..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Beautiful day, already 66 degrees and sunny, high predicted around 70 (probably a little more), but steady 25mph wind with gusts to 35mph. Also the second day of deer season, so the forest rats will be out in force.
Could go ride the dirt bike, but the use area is full of deer hunters, and the chance of catching a stray bullet is actually real.
Could go ride the mountain bike, but the same problem exists as for riding the dirt bike. Road bicycle is definitely out due to the wind.
Looks like I'm grounded.:banghead:

Not bad here today , managed a 110 mile round trip for a pasty & coffee :laugh:

also noticed head lamp on /off at random guess we be looking for a bad connection some where ???

It was windy yesterday!! Did a 230 mile ride from Arnold to Hermann and that wind was relentless!!!!! Even after that short ride, I was exhausted!!

Beautiful day, already 66 degrees and sunny, high predicted around 70 (probably a little more), but steady 25mph wind with gusts to 35mph. Also the second day of deer season, so the forest rats will be out in force.
Could go ride the dirt bike, but the use area is full of deer hunters, and the chance of catching a stray bullet is actually real.
Could go ride the mountain bike, but the same problem exists as for riding the dirt bike. Road bicycle is definitely out due to the wind.
Looks like I'm grounded.:banghead:

You are thinking this through way to far ahead and very pessimistically at that:poke: :laugh:

It isn't raining it isn't cold, there could be an asteroid hitting the earth tommorrow and while you are watching it break through the atmosphere, as it is about to eradicate all life on the planet you are going to look up at it and say " DAM IT!!! Was a much nicer day yesterday I shoulda gone for a ride."

Forest rats will always be there put the deer whistle on the Busa and ride on.:laugh:

Forest rats will always be there put the deer whistle on the Busa and ride on.:laugh:

Down in the tree lined back roads here, it is true deer can make an appearance at pretty much any time. But during gun season, riding those roads is literally like Russian roulette. And those "deer whistle" things were proven long ago to be worthless.
Trying to ride while constantly looking for 2 to a whole herd of 200-300lb brainless creatures to come flying out of the woods 20 feet in front of you (some have been known to run directly into cars, bikes, whatever), isn't much of a ride. Kinda like riding in town amongst the cars.
I'll pass.

Me and my son did an 81 mile trek and that wind was wiping us around all over the road.

PB1

Rode all day here in OK. Wind was bad but that's what makes it fun! It's like twisties, but in a straight line!

Its been kinda nice and warm here today but the we too had quite a bit of wind.
I'm afraid my ridin days are.... numbered low now :(

Sent from this comfy Couch

Never know about the weather around here. Last year it snowed 4" on Thanksgiving, year before last it was in the upper 70's. I've had 150+ mile days in December and January, seldom but it has happened. My bike sets in the shed, full of gas, on it's battery tender, ready to go if there's a nice day. Never do really "put it up" for the winter.

Back