Wanted : Stock Exhaust Canisters

Hyhalia,need to ask,Are you going to mod the pipe by drilling holes in the plate,or remove the end caps and restuff the packing or replacing your cans due to scratches?Reason I asked is because I'm going to do that but I also want a spare set of stock pipes,but not from this board,I'll find it at the local shop around here.

I ALSO HAVE A PERFECT SET OF TWO IF INTERESTED, MAKE OFFER, WILL SHIP IF NEEDED. THEY WILL BE COMMING FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE. E-MAIL ME ADDRESS IN PROFILE

Byhaila I'm going to try and get them from the local speed shops that work on these bikes since most of the Suzuki dealers do not like to modify your bike and if they do sometimes the owner will just tell the dealer or speed shop owner that they can keep the stock cans or they will tell them that they will recoup some of the money that they spent on the new pipes/cans by selling their stock ones and if anyone wants a set to give them a call and they will leave their phone number or card on the for sale board that some shops have hanging on their wall.I'm going on luck for now and hope someone just left their cans or phone number at the dealer/speed shop after the mods.As for the end caps,I read on the TL-R board that some of the riders there did the same mods by using a dremel tool to cut the three end caps spot weld bolts,then they removed the end caps.They also had to cut some taps or something to pull out the baffle unit,then they repacked the unit,rewelded what ever they cut then they put the end caps back on and spot welded the 3 new allen bolts and polished it up to look like stock.Hope this helps since maybe that is why you are having bad luck with the bolts breaking due to vibration from the exhaust gas coming out the pipes.You probably need bolts that can with stand the heat and vibration/pulses coming from the exhaust gas.
Good luck

Cisco,

I have already drilled the baffle plate on mine and am pleased with sound and "thrust", if you will. I want another set due to my
use of 5 grade bolts replacing the end caps crap bolts. I should have used 8 grade (I believe) 4 of the 6 end cap bolts broke, then "Dudley Do-Right" broke 2 different extractors off in drilled out areas. What can I say. I get 1 foot ahead, then pull myself back 6 feet. Were you suggesting that the dealer would have spare canisters?
PS. I had followed earlier mention of drilling end caps to no avail. Sounded more like an air leak. I closed off those holes.

[This message has been edited by byhalia (edited 14 August 1999).]

Back