WANTED PICTURES of your aftermarket undertails

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Just like the Topic says i want pics of what there is out there that you fellow busa peeps have installed for undertails i want pics from all angles and trunk space they offer.

Please let me know if you hack up your old undertail for them to work or if they come with there own trunk as a replacment piece.

I also wana know about fit and finish of the undertail your postin pics of.

Next i wana know how the tail lights show up well or not? i had a nice undertail once but no one could tell if i was braking or makeing a turn or what not. really irritated me had to many rear ending close call.

And where was it pruchased and for how much?

Thanks much and i know you guys and gals won't pass up the oppritunity to show off. :thumbsup: :bowdown: Thanks you :beerchug:

Only Yani Shieki part I have but love it....lights built in, clean looking, always get compliments, and I forgot how much $! Raydog

P1010360.JPG

Mine is a Mototeck undertail; honestly not sure they're still in business. A quick check on their old website shows they've possibly been bought out *sigh*

Anyway, I love it, but the lights aren't bright enough...I need to put LEDs in one day...I did have to cut up the tail, didn't lose room, no complaints aside from the lights needing to be brighter...

Gratuitous shot of Caesar :p

sm_KillboyShot7.jpg

Mine is a Mototeck undertail; honestly not sure they're still in business. A quick check on their old website shows they've possibly been bought out *sigh*

Anyway, I love it, but the lights aren't bright enough...I need to put LEDs in one day...I did have to cut up the tail, didn't lose room, no complaints aside from the lights needing to be brighter...

Gratuitous shot of Caesar :p

I wish you lived closer, I think you and my SO would get along great.

Sorry for the diversion...back to the undertails.

Here is a pic of mine. I redid it myself. There wasn't anything out there that I really liked so I chopped off the flap all the way up to the undertail. Put in 18 orange LED's in place of the stock blinker as shown. I kept the stock tail light. But to add a little to it, I put in 48 red LED's under the tail so that when I hit the brakes, the entire back end lights up like a x-mass tree. I just remounted the license plate, painted it body color, and best of all, it cost me about 30-40 bucks.:beerchug:

Undertail.jpg

I have been wondering about undertails too....what modifications do you have to do in order to install? How much underbubble space do you lose?

I see then on fleeBay often painted for ~$99 painted. See Item number: 370123085955

Are those any good??

Cheapo e-bay $99. Color matches perfect, but the LED's are not bright at all. I use hand signals as well anyway. Same room as stock, have to cut up rear for fit.

JAMES4.jpg

I have been wondering about undertails too....what modifications do you have to do in order to install? How much underbubble space do you lose?

I see then on fleeBay often painted for ~$99 painted. See Item number: 370123085955

Are those any good??

Alotta them have had fitment issues thats why you never see pics of them on a bike. or there crooked after installed. most under tails like that require you to hack the back in front of the tail light off and then the bottom lip area that attaches to your tail section fairing.

I would really like to find one that is a complete replacement since that is what i feel is a better deal to go with but that dosen't always happen But so far there are only about 3 of them on the market that i know of. Motorheads old on Suzuki4lifes one that is similar to Motorheads, and then there was one also that had Round LED lights in it but it was hard to track down when i first got my bike so i doubt they are available anymore

I have a motorhead one now but i plan to sell it i would like something a bit diffrent i think it's new and i never mounted it so i don't know if there are any fitment issues with it. I also have moddifed my stock one by cutting the mud flap so i may end up sticking with that.

TopGun with Libertek LEDs. Good light and the fit of the tail was excellent. Not sure where to get these anymore.

Baby J (30 Oct 05) - 9.jpg

Baby J - LED Taillights - 2.jpg

Baby J - Rear with LED Taillights and Turn Signal - 1.jpg

Custom one off eBay (artfibras). Cost $125 when I got it, but haven't seen him selling many lately. Fit was nice, but totally dependent on your ability to line everything up (no pre-drilled holes). Color was a spot-on match. Included a pic of the stock undertail versus the custom one. Clear Alternatives LED integrated taillight.

MidnightUndertail15Oct05-6.jpg

post-6-77093-Custom_vs_Stock_Undertail___2.jpg

Midnight (12 Jun 08) - 2a.jpg

got mine off e-bay i like it ok i will get a diffrent one some time down the road... LED Ok not the best in the day only half break half turn. Was easy to install had to do a little work to make it fit. got it form ebay pretty cheap, would recommend something diffrent tough like i said I will change sometime down the road works for now... Not much trunk space.

DSCN3212.jpg

DSCN3214.jpg

Motorheads old on Suzuki4lifes one that is similar to Motorheads, and then there was one also that had Round LED lights in it but it was hard to track down when i first got my bike so i doubt they are available anymore

I have a motorhead one now but i plan to sell it i would like something a bit diffrent i think it's new and i never mounted it so i don't know if there are any fitment issues with it. I also have moddifed my stock one by cutting the mud flap so i may end up sticking with that.

undertailmodded.jpg

Motorjunk units have failure points...

I went through and make my own design after seeing the flaws in what existed.

Picture537-1.jpg

Picture536-1.jpg

battery box was completely redesigned and allows more options for batteries.
Flanges were extended and the entire part was stretched over an inch

all in the hopes to avoid this from happening

7.jpg

6.jpg

undertail4.jpg

Just like the Topic says i want pics of what there is out there that you fellow busa peeps have installed for undertails i want pics from all angles and trunk space they offer.

Please let me know if you hack up your old undertail for them to work or if they come with there own trunk as a replacment piece.

I also wana know about fit and finish of the undertail your postin pics of.

Next i wana know how the tail lights show up well or not? i had a nice undertail once but no one could tell if i was braking or makeing a turn or what not. really irritated me had to many rear ending close call.

And where was it pruchased and for how much?

Thanks much and i know you guys and gals won't pass up the oppritunity to show off. :thumbsup: :bowdown: Thanks you :beerchug:

Does it matter Gen1/Gen2?

Back