Want to spend 3500 to 4000 now for turbo!

rabtech

Registered
I live in northern Alabama. I am getting my second BUSA next week. I want to purchase a turbo for it before I even crank it so they can break in together. I will drive 300 or so miles to pick up the kit if someone can help me find one. I want to spend about 3500 to 4000 on the system. Also, I am still up for buying bike with turbo already on it if the price is right. Or just by a bike from someone here. I have to have responces pretty quick because I want to have the bike by Wed or Thurs. People can call me at 205-522-1121 or email me at robert@rabtech.com. You can view my current busa at www.rabtech.com. It is not for sale, I am just to lasy to take the for sale off of the page.

You will find some good Turbos for that cost however install and tuning will add about $1,000 no matter what system you buy. make sure you find someone who has worked on Busas not just bikes. i only know of shops in Florida and Cleveland, so I am not sure in your area. I would not install a tubo on a bike until after some break in, but losts of people do.

yea I would wait untill the bike is broke in and then install the turbo, it may screw something up if you get it right off the bat, but it might not

I live in northern Alabama. I am getting my second BUSA next week. I want to purchase a turbo for it before I even crank it so they can break in together. I will drive 300 or so miles to pick up the kit if someone can help me find one. I want to spend about 3500 to 4000 on the system. Also, I am still up for buying bike with turbo already on it if the price is right. Or just by a bike from someone here. I have to have responces pretty quick because I want to have the bike by Wed or Thurs. People can call me at 205-522-1121 or email me at robert@rabtech.com. You can view my current busa at www.rabtech.com. It is not for sale, I am just to lasy to take the for sale off of the page.
Before you buy, read the article in the October 2002 Sport Rider. If you can't get it I'll fax it to you. E-mail me at tstewart@email.usps.gov.
cool.gif

ditto on the break in I know of 2 02 busa's with around 1000 miles on them with turbos and they have collapsed one of their pistons..................We are also seeing more horsepower out of engines with more mileage on them...............It takes a lot of miles to really break in a busa..............

Now there's a question.
idea.gif
I have modified many non turbo cars to boost monsters and I have found if you go anywhere over 7psi you need to lower the static CR. Not to mention you have to retard the ignition to prevent pre-ignition knock. I haven't seen anyone talk about the CR correction to make the motor live under boost pushing 300+ hp. I've only had my Busa for 3 weeks so maybe I missed the postings somewhere.
11doh.gif

Now there's a question.  
idea.gif
 I have modified many non turbo cars to boost monsters and I have found if you go anywhere over 7psi you need to lower the static CR.  Not to mention you have to retard the ignition to prevent pre-ignition knock.  I haven't seen anyone talk about the CR correction to make the motor live under boost pushing 300+ hp.  I've only had my Busa for 3 weeks so maybe I missed the postings somewhere.
11doh.gif
Talk about it all the time. That is why it is so importnat to have a good tunner doing the Turbo. You can be as much as -8 in the timing on top end Boost. You all so do not want to come down hard off the boost and need -4 most likelyy in the middle. I am not a tunner but I use some of the best in the Country.

Also you don't want to wait until you start going over 300hp to do any of this. It starts easy at 250hp. You can cook the motor very quick keeping it run at the top. Need the - timing and also need 104 octane for long hard runs.

look up the cheeseman... johnny cheese in texas.... he does a great job... then you got dennis (motorhead) in clevland

I went with a ghetto kit from motorhead it was 4100 to my door with BOV. I chose to go with dump pipe and a 6# spring.

Back