Want to put bike close to original performance

smalltimer

Registered
I bought a Busa that has it all and more.  It has new Triton wheels that I am going to have replaced with the originals tomorrow.  Both sets have tires and, sprocket, and everything else.  I want the orignial sprocket back, and the black wheels to match the solid black bike.  My main problem is getting the engine to run like its original.  It has the single HMF Big Bird exhaust that fits low.  Both are in mint condition.  The PCIII was suppose to help with the exhaust, but I would like to unplug but I don't know if I will have any problems.  There are no more serious mods except the simple things like the air box, but nothing else serious.  If you are in Houston and have the original setup, let me know.

If I unplug the PCIII, will I have any problems with the HMF Big Bird exhaust at the link below.
thanks for the help,
Kenny

http://www.hayabusaparts.com/catalog....407692c

I setup I have is the one at the bottom on the link below, and are completely perfect.  For a 2001, you have to trim a little of the plastic at the bottom to make it fit.

Before you unplug or disconnect the PCIII replace the exhaust and airbox as this will affect your A/F mixture. With all of this neat stuff on the bike already why do you want to 'de-tune' it? Be sure to check and make sure you still have the pair valve and all the hoses & pipes.
There was a thread on here with someone who had a stock exhaust they wanted to sell. If you can't find it send me a PM maybe we can work something out on mine. Less than 2000 miles on a stock system including the Pair Valve. Maybe you cover shipping & packaging?

pm goldenchild he can hook you up with a deal
beerchug.gif

small timer ,

If you want to sell that Big Bird let me know . I have a stock exhaust plus cash . I might even could come down and help you get it all ironed out and running like new and you should keep the Power Commander on it . I have maps a plenty , even for stock exhaust and modded airbox .

I have a brand new airbox as well if you think you want it .

If I drove down , it would help avoid any shipping .

(mountainmotor @ Feb. 23 2007,15:24) small timer ,

If you want to sell that Big Bird let me know . I have a stock exhaust plus cash . I might even could come down and help you get it all ironed out and running like new and you should keep the Power Commander on it . I have maps a plenty , even for stock exhaust and modded airbox .

I have a brand new airbox as well if you think you want it .

If I drove down , it would help avoid any shipping .
I have an original air box, but didn't think something that small required a PCIII map. I have checked the other things, and I believe that is it. I am trying find the email that listed all of the mods to the engine.

To the person that asked about why I am bringing her down, it is because I will doing alot of driving from Houston to Dallas which is about 4 hours. The other reason is because of how loud it is. I don't mind, but security and others complained about it since i work at the corporate office. I really don't want to go all the way down to bare stock, but the exhaust needs to go because of sound and the extra map because of this. I would prefer the stock headers and some slipons where I did not need a map.

I have two more teeth on the rear wheel, and that will be swapped out so I can get some better gas mileage. I drive fast, real fast, but not block to block racer. Im the guy at midnight that flys by on the freeway.

Stock exhaust plus cash is kind of what I am looking at. I can get the stock exhaust on ebay fairly cheap.

If anyone has offers for stock exhaust or something with slipons, plus cash, let me know. I do like meeting someone because I hate shipping things like this.

This is the single sided gray/black carbon fiber exhaust.
later,
Kenny

ill trade you an akropovic evo exhaust for the one you have the akro isnt really loud

lmk what you want to do I have several options for you and you can retain the single sided look with less noise and great performance still.

Back