want some new rubber for me sports car. Idea's?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody have a brand of tread they prefere over the others.Its for Audi TT.I love the Perrelli's that are on there and will go with them again,unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks, The Rubbah.

I went with same Pirelli's again that came on my Audi A4 from the dealer. Believe they were the same as offered on the TT.
You can't go wrong with the new P Zero's though.

Continental Contisport 3s Were the best tires I've ever had on a performance coupe.

The Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3s were the best WET tire I've ever ran and was close to the Continental in grip, were pretty quite, but rode a bit firmer than the Continentals.

Tire Rack Good Year GSD3
GoodyearGSD3.jpg

However, if I were to be putting new tires on a brand new BMW this Time? I'd do the Conti's in a quick second over the Goodyears, Bridgestone RE50As, or the Michilin Pilot Sports. The Continentals didn't have the same crisp turn in as the Michilins, but they were extremely quiet and provided a much more linear feedback and excellent wet and dry traction. These were the tires I settled on, best ride, good looking, great in the wet, and pretty long living.

So, I'd heartily recommend the
Contisport 3.

Contisport3.jpg

Tire Rack Ships to Canada, I've purchased 3 sets of tires and two complete sets of wheels and tires from the over the years without hitch. I recommend them. :thumbsup:

Tire rack also has the vehicle viewer thingi so you can preview how a wheel and tire package will look on your TT.

Personally I love Toyo and Falken tires. I use them on the miata and 928 (respectively). The 'Stang will soon be wearing Falkens.

i wouldnt get anything continental. junk tires in my book.

and the type of tire is goin to depend on what kind of driving you do

Continentals are pretty good, as are the Pirelli P-Zeros, Michelin Pilot Sports, and Bridgestone S003 Pole Positions. How do you drive the car and what are you looking for out of the tire would be questions I would ask you if i were the one selling you tires and wanted to get you the right "fit". I'd also ask you what you did and didnt like about the Pirellis that are on it. If you can answer those, maybe I can help you out some more. I sold tires for a LOT of years, and have several friends who work out at tire rack that I can ask for suggestions based on what you're looking for. Send me a PM if you want to, and I'll do what I can.

Definitely check out tirerack.com though for customer reviews of the tires they bought. That will tell you plenty that advertisements wont, and they are written by the people who OWN the tires.

I have Toyo T1-S's on the Vette. One of the best when I bought them 4 years ago. I am looking at Michelins now. It depends on how much and what kind of driving you do.

P3281728.jpg

I have other rides,so when I jump in this one its usually for an' hour of fast n furious. I like the tight twisties,50 mile an hour stuff with lots of gear changes,and sometimes some hard breaking. (oops, too fast into corner:whistle:) That kind of thing. Dont really care about too much else,but like anybody I wouldnt want super soft compounds that I would need to replace in 3 weeks.:laugh: Also,I'll be putting it away come rainy season.
Love the tires that are on it too.

That answer some of it Ib. ?

RSD.

I bought NITTO tires for my Mustang two years ago and I love 'em...good traction until you downshift going too fast in a turn and lose the back end of the car...it only happened once :laugh: I'm a fan of these tires though. They are holding up nicely...

Yeah, you're gonna want something thats listed as "max performance summer" instead of "all season" or "grand touring"

Max Performance summer tires generally are designed to GRIP, on dry pavement, primarily. They tend to disregard things like ride quality and quiet ride and long wear.

Not sure off the top of my head what the size is on the TT, but check tirerack.com and look up your size, then select what KIND of tire you want...go from there. Hope that helps you out, there are plenty of good choices out there though I am sure. :beerchug:

I bought NITTO tires for my Mustang two years ago and I love 'em...good traction until you downshift going too fast in a turn and lose the back end of the car...it only happened once :laugh: I'm a fan of these tires though. They are holding up nicely...

Look what the cat dragged into one of my posts. :moon:

Va...long time,no hear.

RSD.

Yeah, you're gonna want something thats listed as "max performance summer" instead of "all season" or "grand touring"

Max Performance summer tires generally are designed to GRIP, on dry pavement, primarily. They tend to disregard things like ride quality and quiet ride and long wear.

Not sure off the top of my head what the size is on the TT, but check tirerack.com and look up your size, then select what KIND of tire you want...go from there. Hope that helps you out, there are plenty of good choices out there though I am sure. :beerchug:

Thanks boss. Good info.

RSD.

I called and talked to the folks at tirerack.com and they were very very good. Havent bought for a sports car in a while but when I did have one their suggestions were spot on :thumbsup:

Back