wanna see a clean and beautiful motorcycle?

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
With brown seat, black grips and more front brake, I could own this old Triumph! Doyle

309607_10152066329330663_905582933_n.jpg

I don't like those older bikes but I do love to see people still riding them. Its like you see a piece of history everytime you see one.

Now that's a motorcycle! Very nice.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

It would look good in a museum or a shop window but ive seen weedwhackers with bigger motors than that :laugh:

It would look good in a museum or a shop window but ive seen weedwhackers with bigger motors than that :laugh:

You have to understand that for us "veterans of the sport", Triumphs like this Thunderbird hardtail used to be the "biggest bike in town", I rode 250 Yamahas, Hondas, Ducatis and even a Greeves......650cc's meant "big bad bike" in the 1960's!

I wud ride that LONG before id ride any new Harley. thats old school there. its not about power, its about history.

In the same vein here's a well done Sportster. Notice the cut tank to fit the flat slides on the xr heads.

2094295140102950911vISUGq_fs.jpg

cheers
ken

My thread isn't hijacked....doing great things to older bikes is taking the motorcycle world by storm and it's very healthy to display and talk about it on the org!
My Superbyke may be "slightly older", certainly not a classic, but that's my whole motivation, personalization of wonderful equipment.
I think the reason I don't restore a real oldie is simply because of my obsession with power and speed....but now that the Hayabusa marque has been around since 1999, what better bike to personalize?

Here's my old 59 HD 165STU. If I can ever get the thing titled and registered it's going to make a dragon run!

2011-04-11_17-46-47_288.jpg

Back