walk away from a Bagger

TWT racer

Registered
how to walk away from a crashed expensive Bagger, and look cool while doing it.

ah.... so calm and collected. Kudos to him

Davidson Lowside Motorcycle Crash - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
He had the ole "LankyYankee" counter lean going on there. All he had to do to save himself there was to push the bike away from the lean.

Good info tufbusa!!! I feel comfortable counter steering but a lot of people don't know how to get out of situations like those....it WAS a nice bike

I'm sure he got some road rash on his lower left leg(see the hole in his jeans). However it takes a minute for the pain to set in..

I was kinda wondering if the oil was leaking before, during, and/or after.... it IS a Harley after all :whistle:

I said it once and I'll say it again......."Square Peg=Square Hole" moral of the story is get in where you fit in :rulez:. If you wanna lay low in turns ride a sportbike or at least ride a buell. Those harley guys think they are proving a point by trying to do what we do on bikes that were designed 4 that type of riding. That's why I refuse to put big:moon: tires and tons of heavy chrome on my busa. If I wanted something heavy slow and shiny I would buy a harley

Got what he deserved, a crashed bike. Idiot.

This is one time when I think the photographers contributed to the accident.
Had they not been there I don't think he would have been so careless?
With them there he could have been thinking more about the super cool pics they were gonna capture of him shooting sparks and dragging peg around that corner than actually just concentrating on making it?

I've seen this before and I have to admit I laughed my ASS off. The real question is why was this bonehead trying to get low on that type of bike? ???

definately looked kooler then I did after goin down so kudos to him yet totally saveable like Tuf said.

He was already going much slower than the sportbike, why didn't he just slow down when he started scraping the floorboard thingys? If he knocked 5 to 7 mph off he probably would have been fine. It was an accident that could have been easily avoided, I have braked much harder in a turn (entered too fast and stupid) with my BKing and ridden the brakes through the turn with no problem, with my minimal skill, he could have saved it I think.....

I think he panicked when it first started dragging which if you look closely was a couple of seconds before rode it up on the rails. Check speed - a little blip of the brakes at first touch down and he would have saved that line.

BTW - when I'm riding my softtail I drag fairly regularly and it is scary - but keep tight lines inside, first grind of hard bits get on the brakes - kinda stands the bike back up then dive back into the corner with alot less momentum. Hopefully ya have enough outside lane left to make an easy exit. Although it's just better to go slow on HDs in the twisties. :laugh:

Back