Walk around vid of BusaWing

Very, very nice clean bike! And so well set up too. Well done, something great to be proud of !
Tell us more about how the brake feel is at the lever . . .

Looks great. One lever is short and one is long? Also is your FI light on for the ABS or exhaust?
Both levers are Long ASV models . Clutch ( silver ) was purchased 1st after a tip over . Later I installed a B king master cylinder . ISHOC had a ASV group buy on a special Bi color lever . Tom aka Scar got ASV to make a single lever for my B King master . That is why the appear different . The only real difference is their color .
I like to tell people that ride with me it reminds me of witch one does what ;)
Ram Jam is a 2014 ABS model . The light you see is the ABS with a not quiet large enough hole punch black reflective mirror tape over it . Has a Solar Eclipse look to it I kind of like .

Thank you Road :)

Kiwi what does it feel like the brakes ? Firm , but readable . The old ( ABS motor/lines ) made it feel sponge like even though no air in lines . I could actually see the oem rubber lines enlarge with application of the brakes . Remember the ABS models have all lines go to , and from under the fuel tank . The rear had over 4 feet , and most of it rubber were now its 18 inches . Total Line length is nearly 3 times of a non ABS model .
At first I had no plans to ever delete it , and weight was not the reason I did it . All though losing 5 pounds was great too.

I ordered ASV levers for my Gen 1 last year through ISHOC. Then when I got my Gen 2, I reached out and ordered them again. I also got my GPR v4 stabilizer through a group buy.

Kiwi what does it feel like the brakes ? Firm said:
At first I had no plans to ever delete it , and weight was not the reason I did it [/B]. All though losing 5 pounds was great too.

I think if I was to ever have an ABS Busa, I would also do what you have just done, because I ride a non ABS Busa and don't see the need for ABS after all the years of riding and using a 'margin of error' riding style of caution.
But the concern I have is that by deleting the ABS you are also de-valuing the bike if you ever go to sell it.
Is it possible to re-install the system or did you have to cut hoses to remove it?
I can understand how the excessive combined length of the rubber hoses will give it a 'spongey' feel, but to actually see the hose expansion is quite impressive in a shocking sense.
There aint nothing more reassuring than a nice firm front brake lever.
My '99 has a firm feel to it now that it has braided hoses, but the amount of lever travel is still far too excessive, about an inch or so, to the point of frustration.
I guess the next step for me is to fit a radial M/Cyl to it, that should eliminate that problem . . . I HOPE!!

My Caddy has huge Brembos with ABS and they feel kinda spongy but regardless, they stop the car very well. I preferred the lack of ABS feel on my non Brembo ABS Corvette brakes and they also stopped the car very well. The Brembos on my Ducati w/o ABS felt wooden with very little modulation but also stopped the bike very well. Braided lines with HH pads is all I’ve done or probably ever will do to my Busa.

I have owned many bikes, and all of them were purchased by my friends once I was ready to try something different.
Resale value is of zero concern. After 3 plus years this is my favorite all time motorcycle.
It does everything well, and hauls ass when asked to. Every bike prior was a stepping stone..

I have owned many bikes, and all of them were purchased by my friends once I was ready to try something different.
Resale value is of zero concern. After 3 plus years this is my favorite all time motorcycle.
It does everything well, and hauls ass when asked to. Every bike prior was a stepping stone..

What is the weight of your Busa after all the weight saving mods you made? Or how much total weight did you remove? Thx...

What is the weight of your Busa after all the weight saving mods you made? Or how much total weight did you remove? Thx...
Now over 60 pounds removed from the bike . When the bags / racks are on , and packed the bike is still lighter than a Stock Gen 2 . When I purchase wheels next year i'll save another 10 to 12 pounds . Untill then I may trim another 2 to 3 lb from fastener replacements . Every few weeks I order a Titanium bolt or two .
Since I don't drink or smoke its easy to blow 25 to 60 bucks on Titanium when I want to

Very nice bike and very well thought out mods. Suzuki should take a lesson from you.
In his glory for trip in 16 days bed roll is a mock up for back rest kind of deal. Day 1 is 1150 miles.
DSC_5200.JPG

196 mph ecu flashed that's all he can do, but 176 is the fastest I've gone with bags.
Probably could do 200 with stock screen, no mirrors, no bags, and no head wind

Back