WAKE UP ORG! What's everyone been up to?

anxiously awaiting my sons zip line kit i ordered out of cali so i can install it for him/me. i made sure the weight rating is 350 pounds just in case.:whistle::laugh:

I SO want a zipline but the kids are only 3 and 4 and what would be great for them would be no fun for me... :whistle: Oh wait, I'm not supposed to be thinking about myself only the children, never mind.

Re-building a Miata that a guy called me asking me if I could do through it and make it ready for a trip to Ca. this spring. So he rolls up in a lowered 268K mile car that has spent its life as a drift racer for the past 3 years. I said, you are looking at a cheaper used engine install or about 2K to make this engine right.

He took the 2K route. Paid in advance. Then he asked can I make the suspension new again? Yes $750. Can you re-do the upholstery? Yes $1000. He brings cash over like the mail man.

The whole car isn't worth 2K, but love is blind. I just fired it off last weekend. I upped his cam timing and gave him a half a point of compression, and bumped his thermostat down 10 degrees to bring in some timing. He came and got it. Grin was so big I thought he was gonna have a stroke.

Now I got an 91 coming in for a restore. Between this and work, my poor bike isn't getting any love from me.

But hey I can stuff some stockings this year.

I just went for a quick (12-16 mile) ride to the video store. My Cummins has old batteries and I wasn't planning on driving it tonight so it wasn't plugged in and didn't want to start. 14-16 degrees outside. The 'Busa was sitting in the warm garage so I figured why not? I think I went beyond hardcore to straight up stupid on that ride. =P Burr!

I've been away for far too long. I did a trackday March of 2012 and got hooked. I slowly lost interest in my busa (especially because GsxrBots doesn't like the GSXR1K tail mod, lol), and my friends on this forum. I'm now a recovering track junkie.

Back