WAKE UP ORG! What's everyone been up to?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Just trying to drum up some excitement around here.. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

What's everyone been doing? Last weekend I drove 14 hours to pick up winter rims/tires for my truck :laugh:

photo.jpg

Had dinner with an org member (Card16969) then hung out with my boy watching football on Sunday..

Did everyone watch my Lions DESTROY the Packers on Thursday? :laugh:

ndamukong_suh_football_values.jpe

Just checking in on everyone.. What's up?

photo.jpg

i'm scoring the same thing friday for the bride but my drive is only about 45minutes to connecticut. hopefully, she won't drive them to the wheel like she does with the all seasons. anxiously awaiting my sons zip line kit i ordered out of cali so i can install it for him/me. i made sure the weight rating is 350 pounds just in case.:whistle::laugh:

I've was busy all thanksgiving. Cooked diner at my house but had too much going on so my mac and cheese, dressing was over cooked. Wasnt burned but too done for my taste.

Then I crashed the rest of the day after the clean up.

Tried to get a few things on black friday.

Went and picked a fresh christmas tree Sat and got it put up.

Working... Not much going on right now unfortunately.

Got the bike out for about 15 miles on Saturday but that's about it in the last month. A little traveling for Thanksgiving. A little shopping on Black Friday. Got us a Christmas tree up and decorated on Sunday.

I am getting excited about Christmas tho!

Stayed home this Thanksgiving. Cleared out my storeroom. And am getting all the riding in that I can. Been in the 80's this week, and it's great. No need to change tires down here. It gets chilly, but the chances of ice are slim to none. :)
This was a late evening ride along the bay in Rockport, TX. Great time.
IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

I've been avoiding you for days... :whistle:

Thanksgiving was with Omar's sister and her family in northern Virginia...great time, good stories of Omar as a partying teen, something about "blue dot parties" where he'd leave with a bunch of blue dots on his face from losing at a game of pool, and going MIA with gals from his old job and parties :whistle: I was really hoping his sister could find pictures from his wedding where she'd put "HELP ME" on the bottom of his shoes in tape and he didn't know...that went over like a turd in a punch bowl during the Catholic ceremony, you know, where you kneel at the alter in front of everyone :rofl: Had lots of laughs with Omar's family; good times :)

We braved Black Friday and scored some gifts for the 5 kids we have between us, started decorating the new house for Christmas :rudolph:

Went out to eat too much and even saw a movie..."Dallas Buyers Club" - I left there irritated with gov't control over our healthcare back in 1985...wow, imagine that, not much has changed :laugh:

Ummmm, what else? Had a scare these past few months with swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and after a CT scan in September and a biopsy just last week, just got a call earlier today that I can breathe easier, it's benign... :please:

Been shopping for Omar :banana: and gearing up for 7 in the house for Christmas :hide:

Omar found us a new ornament...best one ever!

ChristmasVacation.jpg

I've been working and then going home to the family...then repeat. We haven't been going out much because we are saving/building a house. The framers started on it today and we are hoping to close late January or early February. The sooner the better because for now I feel like a loser (living with mommy) Me, my wife, and our 4 kids are packed in like sardines at my moms place with her 3 dogs and bird. Did I mention her house is only 3 bedrooms and like 1700sf???!!! It sucks but I'm grateful that she opened up her home for us so we could save enough money for the DP and closing costs. We've been living there for 2 months and have another 2 to go. Renting sucks....its time for me to be a home owner

I guess I should have clarified..

I wasn't concerned about what Vabs had been up to.. :laugh:

Havent been doing much really, Juli has been out of country for 5 1/2 weeks, due in around the middle of the month. Just been home with boys, hitting the gym and running. It has given me a chance to focus on my fitness and get where I want to be.

Havent been doing much really, Juli has been out of country for 5 1/2 weeks, due in around the middle of the month. Just been home with boys, hitting the gym and running. It has given me a chance to focus on my fitness and get where I want to be.

And you've been doing great! Omar and I started going to the gym last night...we're caving under the peer pressure! :p

Busa is winterized and covered. Was planning on putting her in the basement for Winter so I could take off all the plastic and wax it inside and out as well as wiring a power supply for my phone. Then I was watching my 4 year old and 6 year old roller skating in my unfinished basement and realized she would be safer in the garage. Will turn on the heat in the garage and do the work out there.

It is cold and going to get colder so no more riding for me this year. Not sure what I am going to do for fun this winter. Maybe a little ice fishing and some skiing. I always get into fish tank mode when it turns cold and start adding livestock and equiptment to my already overstocked 150g saltwater reef tank.

Had a great Thanksgiving. Business is going gangbusters so 6 days a week 9-12 hours a day of work for me. Hopefully will transfer into $$$ so I can work hard and play hard next Spring and Summer.

Really looking forward to the Eureka Spring meet and greet. Will be my first Org event. Been looking at enclosed trailers. Figure I can use it for work as well as hauling the bike to the track and down Eureka Springs. It is a 9 hour drive and I think rather than loading the bike down with all my crap and driving highways down I will just do a straight shot down towing the bike and then get there early with more time to ride scenic roads.

I think that about does it for. Oh yeah, gotta give it up to your Motor City Kitties. They are finally having a good year and my Vikings are terrible again!

Been working, wrapping up my term on a board of directors, clearing up a few other things so I will have more than 2 weekends off the entire summer.:banghead:

Also have been spending a lot more time here checking out what other people are up to. Just ordered some parts from pashnit; clearwater darla lights, usb power outlet, mirror extenders, pmr switch.

Much farther out,, I am really looking forward to meeting some of the board members at the Eureka Springs meet and greet!

Back