Waiting is over

Home at last in Wisconsin my2022 Hayabusa
Found both sides with paint issues will not take until fixed.
Congratulation on the new steed, sorry about the scratches on the bike, I've heard that quite a few of new bike deliveries have had crate issues and have come in with damage, the manufacturers have had to use other carriers to deliver the bikes due to truck driver shortages and such, however the dealers and manufactures seem to be doing the right thing.
Hopefully they'll get those parts soon and get you on your on the road breaking-in that beauty

Found both sides with paint issues will not take until fixed.

I've heard that quite a few of new bike deliveries have had crate issues and have come in with damage, the manufacturers have had to use other carriers to deliver the bikes due to truck driver shortages and such, however the dealers and manufactures seem to be doing the right thing.

When I got my busa from a Wisconsin dealership near Kim in 2009, I offered to drive a truck to Minnesota myself to pick the bike up for them. They wouldn't agree to that. The bike was strapped and fell over in the truck causing damage and it was dropped again when they unloaded it. It took them weeks to prep the bike after it was received because they weren't prepping, they were fixing and that didn't mean replacing all parts, but touching some up. When I went to look at it, I checked it over inside the dealership, even getting on my hands and knees to look very closely. The hump was obviously and severely swirled. That was on purpose so I wouldn't notice the damage they had carefully touched up. It worked. They replaced or fixed the hump and I came in and picked it up without a second look over. I noticed a few weeks later the paint damage on the lower and underside of the bike. I guess I felt it was too late to complain at that point and the damage wasn't bad. I did pay full price for that bike though. 11,500 which was the going rate at the time. I still have those fairings, one side was replaced because I dropped it over twice myself.

How do I know all the behind the scenes details? I talked to a salesperson who I met at a different dealership he had started working for. He told me the whole story. He also told me they had about 10 Gen2s in the back and I could have gotten a lot lower price had I chosen from the colors they had on hand.

The moral of the story, take the bike out in the sun (not the showroom) and look it over with a magnifying glass before accepting...or better yet, negotiate a lower price on the spot and fix it yourself rather than let a dealership f&&k it up worse than they already did.

Don't worry, Kim, that dealership went out of business shortly after I bought my busa. I believe it was located in Oconomowoc.

I doubt if it would even matter if it was the same dealership you went to but here's what the showroom looked like. The office was up a long flight of stairs. ...just for curiosity's sake, like I said, even if your dealership is in the same building, it's not the same owner. But I sorta got screwed a bit on my busa. No regrets now.

sold.jpg

Last edited:
Today my first ride I loved it She is everything I expected plus more
now I better get those leathers
I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your new bike! Yes, get those leathers. A one piece suit is best but for the street, I think a two piece would be fine. I got mine at Revzilla and they were dead on with picking the size according to my measurements. I actually ordered two to make a choice myself but I ended up choosing the size the guy I spoke with on the phone recommended.

There are measurements charts for any brand you may like. I was honest and held the tape measure how I wanted the pants to fit--not tight, just so it touches. It amazed me how much bigger my gut was than my waist. It's even worse now. Gotta do something about that.

Well, ride and be safe. I'll bet that Gen3 will do some real nice power wheelies when you give 'er the beans!

PS get yourself some boots too. LOL it's worth it but it will make getting ready for a ride an ordeal....so don't go tight on those riding pants!! Get some Gauntlet gloves too while you're at it. I sometomes felt a little self conscious wearing all my gear but I'll never let that dissuade me. Definitely not now.

Have gloves and boots my sold my leathers 10 years ago I have ballistic
pants and will get new busa leathers
Hi. I do not know how much you want to spend on the leathers, but a custom make set is the way to go. I do not like how an off the shelf fits. I am having Heroic leathers make me a custom set for about the same price as a top off the shelf A/star set around $2,400.00 and I get to pick the colors I like. There number # 917-843-3671 ask for Todd. Mine will be pro grade kangaroo leather as the are about 4 lbs lighter than cow hide.

Back