waiting fo the call....OH-BOY

kennym4

Registered
Took my 2006 LE in to have them checkout my charging issues, and told them it's most likely going to need a new chain & sprockets. They had my bike for over a week, and I haven't heard anything. So I call on Thurs., and get,"I was just getting the phone to call you", I say,"good, what's up". He then says "I'm wondering if the battery is bad". I then say,"that's what I thought too, that's why I bought ANOTHER new battery, put it on, and drove it straight to you guys, (less than 5 miles). His response was,"Let me tell you something Buddy, a battery can go bad at anytime". I totally believe this, but what's the chance of getting 2 back-to-back ?

Looks like I'll be spending another 100.00 on another battery ? I know to expect some of this when getting a dealership to fix your stuff. I guess if you need them, there isn't too much you can do. I just moved into this area, but will probably take it back where I use to, and have stuff like this fixed next time. Well my bike was going up on the lift (a week late) on Thursday, said, I'll see if it will take a charge. Still haven't heard anything. I'm just going to start learning the hardway on fixing my own bike. I'll do the oil changes, and stuff like that, just anything with the motor, I usually take it somewhere. I'm most likely going to wear it on this one.

Anyone know how much it can cost to have an rectifier fixed ? I'm also going to put chain & sprockets on it, and HOPEFULLY get rid of that knocking it does sometimes when I'm pulling off ??

I REALLY envy the guys that fix their own toys !!!

Wow a week just to charge you money,, that suks, if you where only closer!

Where did you get your replacement battery that you put in yourself?

Also, you need to remember that some dealerships are a week, 2 weeks, a month out before they can even start a new project like this. Although again, I ask, where did you get the battery?

most batteries have a 1 year warranty. Just take it back. also check the date on a battery (month = A-M and the year). never take an old battey

You could've taken your battery to any autoparts store an had it load tested for free.... You don't need to be mechanically inclined to do so either. Remove seat bolts from you bike take a screw driver and loosen battery terminals, remove battery and whoila! then you take it to an Auto parts store and they would've printed you out a diagnostic sheet to show IF you battery was bad or was low in CCA. Then you could've bought a new replacement battery from them if that was the case and most if not all of the traditional batteries that you buy from say Advanced Autoparts come with a 1 year warranty. If the battetry goes bad you bring it in and they run the same diagnostic and if it is a bad battery they just give you a new 1. Looks like the Stealerships strike again :whistle:

Where did you get your replacement battery that you put in yourself?

Also, you need to remember that some dealerships are a week, 2 weeks, a month out before they can even start a new project like this. Although again, I ask, where did you get the battery?

Powersports East,DE If they tell me it's bad I'm asking for the old one back, it's under waranty.

good luck..i had a cheap one i bought go bad in a month....milked it (lots of push starts....needed the exercise..lol) finnaly bought a new one this season

Powersports East,DE If they tell me it's bad I'm asking for the old one back, it's under waranty.

Not going to happen, at this point they have already sent your battery in for the core charge and its long gone. Best you can do is get another one under the warranty, if you really raise hell they may refund you, but keep in mind that you will have to give them a lot of **** about this.

It was the rectifier. Costing me over $200.00 I was going to have them do my throttle boddies, but going to order some mercury sticks, and learn how to do it myself.

You've been awfully quiet Kenny. Where the hell have you been?

Good to see you are still alive! :thumbsup:

You've been awfully quiet Kenny. Where the hell have you been?

Good to see you are still alive! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I still pop in pretty often. Trying to get back to riding. How have you been, riding much....I know you live at the track, right ??

Well, I just got the call

- Rectifier
- Chain & Sprocket
- Rear Tire ...Qualifier 1 (didn't even think they made these still, I assumed it would have been a Q2 ??)

$964.00

They wanted $90.00 to syc. the throttle bodies, so I'm definitely going to buy the stuff to do it myself....OH BOY, I see a post in the future, LoL

And it didn't stop the noise, so I think it's clutch chatter ?

Back