Vortex V3 fuel cap review. ( video included )

I never understood the different cap thing. Besides these minimal weight savings can someone explain to me the benefits? Do you just not like having to take key out of ignition when refueling?

Reactions: kml
Both by bikes go to the drag strip. I keep a minimal amount of fuel in them. I'm adding fuel often. I don't want to play with the key that much. And really... A locking gas cap on a bike. Is that to keep someone from taking something out? Or putting something in?

I never understood the different cap thing. Besides these minimal weight savings can someone explain to me the benefits? Do you just not like having to take key out of ignition when refueling?
I’d also add that once you open with the key depending upon what you have attached to it, it may be contacting, marring, scratching the tank while flipped over if one’s not paying attention or rough with their stuff

Both by bikes go to the drag strip. I keep a minimal amount of fuel in them. I'm adding fuel often. I don't want to play with the key that much. And really... A locking gas cap on a bike. Is that to keep someone from taking something out? Or putting something in?
I guess I just dont ride enough that I notice it bothers me to unlock. I can see in your case where you are constantly filling it can be a pain.

As far as the weight I dont think I can even tell the difference between a full tank of gas and close to empty.

Appreciate all the responses though.

I guess I just dont ride enough that I notice it bothers me to unlock. I can see in your case where you are constantly filling it can be a pain.

As far as the weight I dont think I can even tell the difference between a full tank of gas and close to empty.

Appreciate all the responses though.

The gas tank on a Gen 1 is about 5.5 gallons. Gas weighs just a slight bit over 6 pounds per gallon. Not a big deal rollin around on the street. Although you can certainly feel the top weight. On the drag strip a weight difference of 30 pounds is big. And noticeable on your time slip.

A little more input on the Arashi fuel cap. I installed an Arashi on my Gixxer. I searched for a couple days trying to find an Arashi that would fit my 04 Busa. I had no luck. So I had to bite the bullet and order a Halo for the Busa. I just installed it...
I see no real difference in quality between the Arashi and the Halo. For me the Arashi cap seams a bit easier to remove and install. And the Arashi has an Oring at the vent. The Halo does not. Hope that's not an issue after paying twice what I think it's probably worth.
If you are concidering an Arashi I don't think you'd be disappointed with it in any way. And if you're trying to decide between the Arashi and the Halo. Save your money.

Reactions: c10
A big thank you to @c10
You talked me into it :beerchug:

Back