Vortex Rearsets on Kachow pics inside

Wayneovich

Registered
These things are great, I originally wanted the Sato's but they were not available at the time.By no means do I think these are second in quality to any brand, They are solid and well crafted and lemme tell ya when your boot goes on the peg It is not gonna come off unless you want it too, man those pegs bite:laugh:. So far they are in the stock position but man I fell the difference in them, it feels very much like my 600 did no big clumpy foot peg to look for,now my feet go right to them :thumbsup:. I cant wait to drop them a bit :laugh: The folding rubber rolled tips are a nice addition shifting seems crisp as they are tight not loose/flimsy like my factory ones were.Using the rear brake feels a bit odd as there is no spring holding tension on the pedal but I will get used to it. All in all I give them a 4/5 (nothing is perfect) and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality pair of rearsets that will not drain the bank account :thumbsup:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Wayne those are sweet looking.
Nice job..me likey...:beerchug:

Just Powdercoat the rear sets to make them same color is all you need to do now ?

Looking great man! :bowdown::bowdown:

Did you also get the brake light switch for the rear?

And do they have a return spring for the brake pedal or do you just get used to it?

Looking great man! :bowdown::bowdown:

Did you also get the brake light switch for the rear?

And do they have a return spring for the brake pedal or do you just get used to it?

Yeah I got the brake light switch:thumbsup: ,once you bleed the rear brake it returns the pedal to a neutral position :beerchug: the only thing that is different is that since there is no spring there is little resistance when applying the rear brake.

the only thing that is different is that since there is no spring there is little resistance when applying the rear brake.

How does that feel?

Better or is there a spring that they sell for this?

I would think you would want the pedal to have some resistance like factory,

I like those alot... They have a better spread of adjustability than mine.

I agree with the powdercoating for a better color match. Look great though.

Have Rizomas but might sell for a more comfortable position like these Vortex provide.

How does that feel?

Better or is there a spring that they sell for this?

I would think you would want the pedal to have some resistance like factory,

It feels like the brake is soft but it is not. There is no place for a spring to go, its not that big of an issue as I don't use my rear that much :thumbsup:

I wonder why one side has the pivot point on the peg and the other doesn't???

They look nice and tough for sure!

I was reading about the V2 rearsets and they said the pivot point for each lever was independent of the peg, like on the shifter side, but the right side has the pivot point on the brake lever designed into the arm itself. It's for clearance with the exhaust I am thinking.

Thats all.

I am having a tough time deciding, I love the fact they have a "stock" location as that's what I'll probably need as I have a Tobin seat and don't want to part with it just yet.:whistle:

So how are you liking them Vortex sets???

I am only really turned away due to the return brake spring not being there,

Please convince me you guys don't really need it.

I like the price difference compared to the Satos.

Yeah I saw a Vortex set on CrazyArches busa on Sunday!:thumbsup: Nice!:thumbsup: But have to agree no return spring had me a little worried! I like a positive return on anything brake related!

Back