Vortex Rearset Brake Light Adapter.

casualdreamer

Registered
Ok, finally go the steel lines on and now I am putting the Black Vortex Rearset on. Everything is lined up but now I am totally lost at the Brake Light adapter that I had got from Pashnit with the rear set. I tried to read the instructions on the back of the part but got even more lost.I know I keep the brake assembly that attaches to the rearset what else am I suppese to keep. I have brakes but no way to spark the brake light. I still have the stock adapter but there is nowhere to attach it to the Vortex set that would activate. I know there are few that have these what did you guys do...:please:Help. It has been over a year I have these parts and because of deployments I have been unable to get them on. Now is the perfect time before I leave again and I lost. Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure WarbirdII just put same sets on his 08 ?
If nobody gives you the answer you need send him a PM.
His name is Tim and will help if he can I'm sure of that .

Pm crazyarch! He has vortex rear sets. I believe you need a pressure switch inline with the new ss lines to make the brake lamp work. My gilles rearsets use the stock switch...

Yea I got the kit that Pashnit sells with his but I don't know where the H3!! it goes. I will wait a little more and see if they get on. I hope. I really want to ride tomorrow into work.

k, I think I got this figured out. I use the kit that came from Pashnit with the rearset. Uscrew the Banjo bolt on the Master Cylinder and attached that way. The pressure from applying the brakes with fluid is suppose to activate the switch inside the adapter. Wish me luck I will update everyone.

Back